Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   1 On 1 Battles (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Total Rookie VS. Alienscience (game console) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17811)

alienscience 12-08-2005 11:09 PM

Total Rookie VS. Alienscience (game console)

Ok, all the rules are posted in the battle challenge thread. But let me say, you can choose to focus completely on one part of the scene. Console or Controller or both. Also, you can do any console you would like. IE. Xbox, Ps2, PSP, DS, GC, atari, etc.

Let the games begin.

PS. Oh yeah, and we will post our progress here.

alienscience 12-08-2005 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I think I am going to go with the xbox. My favorite system 2 date, with halo and all. Getting ref pics. Just ignore the pic I have attached, Im going to reserve that spot so I dont have to make a new post for my refs.

Edit/Update: OK for my reference, I am just going to use my xbox. Thats as good as it can get I guess. But now I have run into a problem. Its with the bump map I am making for the top of the xbox. Its still in the very early stages. But I cannot find a way to make a completely symetrical X. Right now Im working with just flipping the image and mirroring.

Total Rookie 13-08-2005 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I will model my favorite console: the PS2!!!!
I got good ref pics...:attn:

lisa_gonzalez 13-08-2005 07:30 PM

Ahhh, Alienscience, wish I had know you were thinking of doing this challenge, I've been modelling a PS2 :alien:

Total Rookie 13-08-2005 10:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just took the basic shape of the upper part:

Total Rookie 13-08-2005 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update:

alienscience 14-08-2005 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by lisa_gonzalez
Ahhh, Alienscience, wish I had know you were thinking of doing this challenge, I've been modelling a PS2 :alien:
Sorry, I just thought of you as way out of my league. Probably with girls and maya. LOL. (so sorry if your not a girl, its just that I dont meat many guys named lisa, but if you are, I will do anything I can to redeem myself) Got a little update. I have touched up the bump map, and tweaked it. I think I am almost done with the top of the console. I think though that I may have to increase the resolution to get rid of some of the jagged lines on the corners. And I will also have to get solid color tones for the x and little things that stick up, so I dont get those little dimples.

Man, football starts on like monday. So I have got to cram like a mug. But hey, Im still loving it (trademark of mcdonalds).The pix are of current progress.

Total Rookie 14-08-2005 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dang, there's no way to model a PS2. I can't find the Buttons...So, here's the PSP:

alienscience 14-08-2005 10:16 PM

Nice. I like the psp. Dont have one, but its look very sleek. And I heard the game play isnt very bad, except for maybe the little stub they tried to make as an analog stick. I can send you some reference pix of the eject button and reset button. Low quality, but I think it should do the trick. But its up to what you decide.

Total Rookie 14-08-2005 10:24 PM

My idea: send 'em. I'll do them two, since I have both PS2 and PSP.

Total Rookie 14-08-2005 10:26 PM

Thx. My idea: send 'em. I'll do them two, since I have both PS2 and PSP.

Total Rookie 14-08-2005 10:26 PM

Woops! Sorry for the double post up there:).

Shadeblade 15-08-2005 02:10 PM

I have PSP and PS2 as well. The little analog stick on the PSP I never use. It's sort of only there for when your thumb gets tired. :D

Total Rookie 15-08-2005 08:24 PM

Yup, i always use the analog stick. But it's not so good as the PS2 controllers...

Total Rookie 15-08-2005 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took the basic shape of the PSP: