Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   guitar (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16628)

MattTheMan 08-05-2005 06:19 PM

guitar

1 Attachment(s)
im modeling a strange kind of gibson les paul
sorry, im still in PLE, too lazy to go and get full version and i dont got the money to spare (i dont want to spend the money)
heres a pic of first 5 minutes

MattTheMan 08-05-2005 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres an update

MattTheMan 08-05-2005 10:26 PM

my model will be delayed becaus my comp that has maya on it just crashed... :(

MattTheMan 09-05-2005 07:52 PM

Comp Back

1 Attachment(s)
My Comp is back running and heres an updated model rendered.

MattTheMan 09-05-2005 09:07 PM

soon I will have an AVI movie for a nice360 view. Please don't be too harsh, critics, as this is my first model of anything... I did not make my own textures, i just used the ones MAya came with... I dont have photoshop either... Soon i will make that Sunburst textre but for now it is a basic Cherry Colored mahagony color

I-Iybrid 10-05-2005 12:46 AM

Getting there. A few suggestions. First of, the bridge is way to far away from the back/bridge pickup. The distance between the two pickups looks good, so either just move them both back, or move the bridge itself up. The pickup selector looks like its too close to the edge of the body. Maybe move it in just alittle, so it has some space to breathe? What are those two silver bars going up the neck? At first I thought it was just part of the fretboard, like decoration, but after I looked closer, it goes thru the fretboard...The strings look good, from what I can see. Last, but not least, the volume/tone control knobs look abit wierd. Just the placement of them. If thats how your guitar actually looks, then...forget that last one, it just looks abit wierd to me. :)

Remember, these are only crits, Im not bashing your model. Just trying to help you improve it. :)

Razor Blade 10-05-2005 02:42 AM

You have a good start for a guitar, I would recommend if you're doing a Gibson Les Paul use reference material and put them on the imageplanes, they will help you out immensly go here to view the les paul classic...

check it out, aint she a beauty?!!!!!

Daandrumz 10-05-2005 06:57 AM

It's starting to look nice. I just think the shape of the body, mostly the upper part, is a bit weird. Maybe that's the shape of the 'strange version' of yours :), but les paul is a bit rounder. Just a few edits and it's done.
But keep it up, I look forward to some more progress.

MattTheMan 10-05-2005 06:54 PM

Finished

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, guys but this is my first completed model. Its the best I could do. However, I will start makeing the Gibson SG as my second project. Thanks for the comments, sorry I cant do much better, hopefully the SG will look better. I will continue the SG on this thread. Heres a render of my final render. O- another thing. The lighting sux donky balls. I need help on how to do lighting.

MattTheMan 10-05-2005 07:02 PM

change of plans. not gonna do SG
gonna think of something else to do
tired of making guitars

NextDesign 10-05-2005 08:04 PM

Dude, you know maya PLE 6.0 is out right? Model looks good, just lower the specularity, and raise the reflectivity.

MattTheMan 11-05-2005 12:36 AM

Yeah, I do know tha 6 is out...
Im too lazy to get it..
I will take yer advice though

Thanks Yall for your criticizm, its that that teaches one to be better or some crap like that

Thanks anyways! :)
, Matt