Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Maya 7 imageplane view problem (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21109)

3danimationmaya 18-04-2006 04:04 PM

Maya 7 imageplane view problem

hi everyone please help if you know something .

I import image plane(very simple imageplane) but the problem is that the grid is behind the imageplane. so i can not see the grid.

I tried the changing of xyz center no changing at all.
tried the alpha Gain but only make it transprancy, it is hard to see the imageplane.

tried attached to camera off. no changing

I try everything that i could but no sulution, plz help if you know something. say something.

kind regards Antonio Australia

pixelsoul 18-04-2006 05:28 PM

i dont understand what you want? do you want to disable the grid or move the image planes :confused:

mmoore5553 18-04-2006 05:33 PM

posting a picture always helps

3danimationmaya 19-04-2006 02:41 AM

maya imageplane problem

I have a problem with imageplane. the grid is beind the imageplane , that is mean i can not see the grid, changing the imageplane xyz center still does not help. without the grid i can not modeling. so i try bring the grid before image plane , but I can't get it. if you know something please help. very weird problem
i

arran 19-04-2006 11:02 AM

Not really sure what you are asking - as others have said, post a picture of your problem so we can see.

However, this might help. Select your image plane in the perspective window and then in the channel box you should be able to adjust it's coordinates to your liking.

arran 19-04-2006 03:27 PM

Hello 3danimationmaya - just got your email. Yeah, I guess you are right - you can't see the grid through the image plane. sorry about that. I think the best thing to do would be to create a polygon plane, attach a lambert shader and then apply your image to the plane. That will allow you to see your image and the grid at the same time. Hope this helps!

:beer:

3danimationmaya 19-04-2006 03:30 PM

imageplane problem

thanks for ur help . i,m going try. i let you know what happend.

pixelsoul 19-04-2006 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
image plane and grid works fine for me don't know what your on :beer:

3danimationmaya 19-04-2006 11:50 PM

imageplane problem

1 Attachment(s)
hi guys,

since yesterday my imageplane changed, before was oky.nothing wrong. but i don,t know what cause the problem, I did not doing anything wrong, but some people said it can be happend , may gfx card problem, i,m using new laptop compaq with ATI radoen 9000 IGP . it is pretty good videocard for game and 3d, I never had this problem before. with polygon plane and texture on plane helpt. but i don,t want for every imageplane make a polygon or nurbs plane with apply photo as texture. i,m rying find it out why happend like that, I try everything , like position of xyz center or alpha gain. but does not help. therefore if you know something please help. this problem make me crazy. may happend one day to you,anyway gys thanks for ur replay, I don,t give up.........................

Antonio Australia

arran 20-04-2006 01:01 AM

hmmm... now I am confused - I can see the grid with the image planes in the perspective window, but not in the orphographic views - so now I am wondering: 3danimationmaya can you see the grid in perspective view and pixelsoul, can you see the grid in your orphographic views? Just curious...:confused:

t1ck135 20-04-2006 07:40 AM

A general tip for older radeon cards and maya is to disable triple buffering in the ati control panel thingy (sits in your system tray if its installed).
Off the top of my head I think its in the open gl option though it *may* be the direct3d one.

Whether this helps or not is a different issue. Are you having problems when using x-ray view on the plane?