Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   New SM Banner - Wanna Try? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3960)

Kevin 13-02-2003 09:56 AM

New SM Banner - Wanna Try?

SM banner -

Hello

I have a couple of people having a go on the new SM banner

If anyone would like a go then feel free to take a little pressure of your favourite Admin :D (hey no offence Dave but they have all told me they like me more)

Right here is the needed info

-------------------------------------

1. The dragon is available in the t-shirt competition area.

2. You will need to probably do an "auto levels adjust" in ps to brighten it a little.

3. I would like the banner to be "alike" the SLW and S-max sites... max screen shot can be found in the members area under the simply3dmax.com thread http://www.forum.simplymaya.com/show...?threadid=3929 .

4. Just need the banner - not any tables :)

5. Remember to keep your psd so that changes can be made.

6. The banner must be able to resize in a 800 x 600 browser.

7. I need the following names:

HOME - VIP AREA - FREE TRAINING - FORUM - SHOP - HOSTING
GALLERY - 3D MODELS - PLUGINS - SHADERS - CHAT - TEXTURES - SIMPLY CHALLENGE - FAQ

More may follow so make sure to keep that in mind :)

8. NO java / dhtml type dropdowns

9. NO Flash Macromedia

10. No spinning "things" or "flashing" lights

11. We would like you to add the words near the "Simply Maya words" = "A member of the Simply3dworld.com sites" or
"Part of the Simply3dworld Group"

OR a little Logo that will go on each site to represent this "community"

- but be careful with colours as it needs to go on all :) - In fact a logo sounds better...but hey lets see some ideas.

12. I really have to like this for it to go on - I know some of you think the site banners are "to" plain or "wrong text" etc... But I go out to a "whole range of people" and not just individuals.

The site has a big audience so keep things nice and clean, nice lines and a good layout and that’s all we need.

13. Sorry to be so bossy :D But it is representing not just SM now but all the other sites to - so needs to be good :) plus - this is your home as well as mine

14. Credits: Credits will be given for ANY work done but this won’t be displayed on the site as this looks tacky. I would have to say "Well It’s my idea but Craig done the dragon, but Dave chose the colours and bob made it link" etc... I think you get the point.

I will not have a piece of text on the site saying "designed by ******"

If anyone asks they will be told who was involved. Maybe one day a page can go up with credits on. This is by no means a guarantee but it may happen

14. Thanks for any help given

mumbojumbo_13 13-02-2003 12:08 PM

wow total revamping all the simply maya stuff nice idea kev :D

schmick 13-02-2003 01:15 PM

Quote:

11. We would like you to add the words near the "Simply Maya words" = "A member of the Simply3dworld.com sites" or
"Part of the Simply3dworld Group"
What about using the word network? Sounds a bit more .... professional?

Kevin 13-02-2003 01:16 PM

yep sure thing

GCastro 13-02-2003 04:51 PM

I'm thinking of giving it a go, where should I post it when I'm done?

George

Kevin 13-02-2003 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GCastro
I'm thinking of giving it a go, where should I post it when I'm done?

George

post it here mate! :) and Thanks

GCastro 13-02-2003 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I'm not totally thrilled with these designs, but maybe it'll spark up some ideas.. I was trying to make the circle behind the simplymaya.com be a world for the simply3dworld.com logo, but not sure if that translates well. I removed it from the second one.

I tried to match the other site's banners, but I'll some others one a bit different to see what you guys think. here they are:

GCastro 13-02-2003 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't know how to post two pics in one post:confused:

here's the 2nd version:

ragecgi 13-02-2003 07:00 PM

VERY nice work, however, will it squash and strech to fit a minimum 800x600 monitor res?

If so, cool!

(actually, the true lcd for 800x600 is actually more around: 770x420)

GCastro 13-02-2003 07:23 PM

Thanks Rage,
I'm not sure about the 800x600 thing... what would I need to do to make sure it's possible?

I'm thinking of submitting some different desigs, but I need to know this first...

Thanks,
George

Kevin 13-02-2003 07:25 PM

i really like it.. mate do a screen shot of the current sm site and see if it goes with it...

if you can find a way to resize that it would be cool!!

thats the thing with resizing lol its a pain,

But I thank you a lot george for putting some in here!!!!!

Kevin 13-02-2003 07:29 PM

a little more info...

height "around 137- 140"

maybe do a blue ish colour cloud transform so if fits a little better?

has good promise though mate!

3dbuzz 13-02-2003 08:20 PM

no fire?

ragecgi 13-02-2003 08:43 PM

hehe... FIRE! FIRE! uh.... huh, huh...
.you said fire....
I am CORNHOLIO!! THE STREETS WILL FLOW WITH THE BLOOD OF THE NONBELIEVER! hehe... hehe..

...sorry all... just got a little excited there....

I'm trying to fit fire into mine, but it might not fit.... that dragon is so damn cool, I'd hate to steal some of its' spotlight:)

David 13-02-2003 08:49 PM

GCastro Thats very nice work mate i like it a lot :)