Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Low Profile Armoured Vehicle (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5883)

ckyuk 21-05-2003 06:57 PM

Low Profile Armoured Vehicle

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure what to call this, it's based on a vehicle from the Aliens movie and will have a gun turret on the top that slides down to the rear.

ckyuk 21-05-2003 07:01 PM

Low Profile Armoured Vehicel

1 Attachment(s)
It's a bit hard to see the edges on the picture so i drew them in so you can see them better.

I-Iybrid 21-05-2003 11:32 PM

Looks...interesting :)

Raull 22-05-2003 03:18 AM

cool reminds me of the thing from aliens,

Vectorman 22-05-2003 06:28 AM

i just watched all 3 of those movies with my girl, cause she'd never seen them. Aliens ( #2 ) is my favorite, too bad ripley wrecks that SICK AZZ tank in the first 10 minutes they are on LV426 tho.

Good start, i wanna see more!!

adldesigner 22-05-2003 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vectorman
too bad ripley wrecks that SICK AZZ tank in the first 10 minutes they are on LV426 tho.
Like a true woman. :cool:

Aliens is also my favorite, even though the first one has excellent suspense, and started the whole thing, I believe Cameron achieved a tremendous vision with the sequel.
(And I just happen to love that blue shade he uses in almost all his movies)

Vectorman 22-05-2003 04:26 PM

LOL! yah stupid girls, except she is usually an exeption.

"Show me the grenade launcher, i want to know everything""I can handle my self"

blue shade? I don't really know what you mean, is this a post thing, like a skip bleach, or just his lighting concept? I notice all sorts of colors for the different moods in each story.

Sorry bro about turning you're forum into an Aliens chat, but you said you liked it too right? = )

ckyuk 22-05-2003 07:02 PM

I don't know if i should give it wheels like in the aliens movie or tracks. What do you think i should do?

Aliens is also my favorite as it has a great ending and the lighting at the end of the first film just gives me a headache.

ckyuk 22-05-2003 07:05 PM

Alien 3

For everyone in the UK Alien 3 is on channel 4 tonight at 10:40pm.

:D

Vectorman 22-05-2003 07:39 PM

might look more "BAD" with some cool treads, up to you tho, personal preferance.

ckyuk 22-05-2003 08:03 PM

I HATE Windows. I've just spent the last two hours doing the turret when it decides to tell me "Maya application file has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE i lost everthing.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Vectorman 23-05-2003 03:21 AM

that stinks! sorry man, but i tend to try to look at the positive side, it will be much better and quicker this time = )

alexgc 23-05-2003 05:55 PM

feel for u man...We've all been there

Stick the incremental save on

Its a Godsend when Windows becomes that evil bastard son of a bitch it can be lol

Either that or just remember to save at regular intervals!

ckyuk 23-05-2003 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After that problem with windows I needed a break from the turret so I decided to start the rear lights. Being a newbie (It's my 2nd model apart from cubes without a tutorial) I’ve only ever used directional lights before and not sure what to use. At the moment I’m using a mixture of spotlights and point lights but they seem to light the whole scene (see image below). What would be the best way to solve this problem?

ckyuk 23-05-2003 09:55 PM

ok, so that image doesn't seem to work. it's a *.PNG so just save it to your hard drive and open it from there. I'll go back to *.JPEG next time.