Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Taj Mhal tut problem. (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32493)

monkey99 25-05-2009 12:32 PM

Taj Mhal tut problem.

basically i started to put up the image planes. I tried to assign an image on it but it came up saying error!. I looked in the task manager and it said it couldn't covert the file into a maya iff. How can i fix the pictures. its not maya its the references. please help me!!!
I run maya 8.5 PLE aswell ;)

lillsnopp 25-05-2009 02:18 PM

Re: Taj Mhal tut problem.

Quote:

Originally posted by monkey99
basically i started to put up the image planes. I tried to assign an image on it but it came up saying error!. I looked in the task manager and it said it couldn't covert the file into a maya iff. How can i fix the pictures. its not maya its the references. please help me!!!

Dude, your 10 years old and can afford Maya? Man times have changed.

Try using an external program to convert your image into a supported format. What format is the image in originally as it seems Maya cant convert it into a .iff?

honestdom 25-05-2009 02:46 PM

Re: Taj Mhal tut problem.

Quote:

Originally posted by monkey99
everyone can afford free! :P

lillsnopp 25-05-2009 02:56 PM

Re: Re: Taj Mhal tut problem.

Quote:

Originally posted by hammer.horror
everyone can afford free! :P
Its free?

.... DUDE!!!!.... Im getting it now then.

monkey99 25-05-2009 02:59 PM

......but it has an annoying water mark and apparently you cant open them in full maya because it saves them as a different format (.mp than a .mb)

elephantinc 25-05-2009 03:56 PM

Im not sure if autodesk have put it back up after they 'accidentally' got rid of it

lillsnopp 25-05-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by elephantinc
Im not sure if autodesk have put it back up after they 'accidentally' got rid of it
Funny you would mention that, I get linked to the TRIAL version if I want to download the PLE version so I sorta assumed in my naive little world that its the same just locked down.. erh, somehow..

So I am currently downloaded, with my really slow connection, the so called Trial version that is according to Autodesk the PLE version (THEY linked to it) which is about a ISO (600+ mb)..

Atleast I get to see 8.5, I am curious what changed. I am using 6.0 because of the computer I am using, the guys at the firm asked what version I wanted (laughingly) knowing that I am using a less then superior computer nowdays, haha. But comeone, the difference cant be that big.. Right.....

Right?..............

monkey99 25-05-2009 04:28 PM

its ok. lillsnopp fixed the problem. He converted them to .pngs for me and now they work!!!