Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Please read here if you are an idiot! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002)

Kevin 09-09-2002 08:41 AM

Please read here if you are an idiot!

I have posted this on the site before and it seems I have to do it again..

If there are any warez links found on this board, you will be banned....not only that I will note your ip and give it to the relevant organistaions..

And just so you guys know what I am on about, here are a couple of the things that I am talking about:

http://www.simplymaya.co.uk/forums/s...?threadid=1000

http://www.simplymaya.co.uk/forums/s...?threadid=1001

I dont care where you got your copy of maya from,and I dont care if you paid for it or not.... I am aware that there is a lot of maya copys available for download. But I dont want to hear it here.

Thanks for listening... and btw... its a beta!

Nem 09-09-2002 05:19 PM

i agree with out handsome admin here, no warez

Cyberlloyd 10-09-2002 04:02 AM

hearyee hearyee... "NO WAREZ"

Kreed_UK 10-09-2002 07:15 AM

It's ridiculous that anyone posts on this board about warez.

Keep it clean!!

Rossland 10-09-2002 11:18 AM

IDIOT

Sorry nothing constructive to say as i dont have a clue what a warez is?
Just thought id post as it said read hear if you are an idiot!!!

Regards
Idiot Rossland

What is a warez?

:banana: :bgreen: :banana:

Nem 10-09-2002 02:36 PM

basically an illegal copy of a program

deviantdreamworks 10-09-2002 08:54 PM

Its called warez not a warez doh and a warez is a illegal copy of a game or program that has been cracked. I would know for some reason.

BLADE 16-09-2002 03:25 PM

someone boosting illegal programs.......noooo.

Kevin 16-09-2002 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BLADE
someone boosting illegal programs.......noooo.
yep afraid so blade..as I said..I dont care what they use..as long as they dont make it public...and worse of all ..link to it!!!

that just gets us in trouble!

btw.. welcome to SM :)

BLADE 16-09-2002 06:17 PM

thanks kevin,

Protheus 18-09-2002 03:49 PM

oke.... I do not post these things..... But I am an IDIOT.... what now ???? :)

drknow 11-08-2003 07:20 PM

had to bump...............A lot of new people to remind since 2002. :):):)

EagleKing 11-08-2003 09:32 PM

warez are boobies,right?

drknow 12-08-2003 12:09 AM

Hey eagle, Your back so soon???? I thought you were having surgery.

EagleKing 12-08-2003 12:16 PM

hehe I also thought so...check the thread I poted. I think its called m00

drknow 12-08-2003 11:22 PM

Yea, I read it.....Good luck with it.

strarup 15-08-2003 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I don't know what there was written in those threads since they have been deleted...

but I don't know if it was as stupid as the link from this thread on 3dBuzz... "LOL!! A new level of ignorance"... -->
http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showth...threadid=39153

were there is this link to the official Alias Wavefront forum... -->
http://forums.aliaswavefront.com/web....32@.ef422f6/1
were someone asks about downloading Maya from filesharings programs...

it is also quite strange that the question still is there (dated 6. march) :confused:

to kevin I have a link here for the frontpage... "Vote for SimplyMaya here..." :bgreen: -->
http://www.uknetawards.co.uk/page.asp?cat=BROD
(also found this link on 3dbuzz, but thought it would be cool to have Simplymaya also participating... :)

regards

Strarup

always wondered why the beer sometimes disapear... :D

kornkidpr 16-08-2003 02:08 AM

Quote:

Please read here if you are an idiot!
Dude like 300 people read this thread that makes us 300 hundred idiot's LOL

Vampus 16-08-2003 02:30 AM

Nah, just reverse psychology. Tell the kid not to eat the cookie and he will.:)

adldesigner 16-08-2003 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vampus
Nah, just reverse psychology. Tell the kid not to eat the cookie and he will.:)
Whoa!:eek: Really?;)

drknow 17-08-2003 01:38 AM

Yes, good ole reverse psychology......Hey kev...Please dont give me any free points...and whatever you do.....dont let me have a lifetime membership :):):)

carrot juice 17-08-2003 03:50 AM

What are you talking about man? Warezers are the greatest ever!:D
I even warezed my computer! downloaded my hardware Illegally off the internet.:p

sereously, how could that guy be so stupid as to post a question like that on an a|w forum! lol

Darkware 17-08-2003 04:18 AM

I wouldn't want to download pirate software even if it was put right in front of me because I think I have a subconcious satisfaction knowing I paid for my software.

drknow 17-08-2003 11:33 AM

True, and you also want to use it more, as you spent hard earned money on it.

Vampus 17-08-2003 12:16 PM

*tries some reverse psychology* Kevin, you are a really nice fellow! *GAH!!, I just can't do it!!!*:p:p:p

Darkware 17-08-2003 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by drknow
True, and you also want to use it more, as you spent hard earned money on it.
Exactly.

Also, since we're on the subject of pirated software, I have a question. Over the past few months, I have come across a few people who claim they have the pirated version and proudly tell me about it because they like to shove they fact that they paid 0 dollars when I paid full price for Maya. A while back I heard that Maya tries to hook up to the internet when you batch render in order to check if your license is valid or not. This I suppose is a safeguard type thing Alias is using to protect themselves against pirates.

My version has never done this however. Maybe only 5.0 does this or maybe it somehow knows that I don't have an internet connection on that computer anyway, so it doesn't even bother trying.

Anyway, my main question is can I do anything about these pirates? I think it really stinks that they are always getting away with this type of stuff and am getting sick and tired of them talking about how I should have just downloaded it from kazaa and whatnot.

I mean, if I were to contact Alias, they would have to contact the ISP, and the ISP would have to have some kind of proof. I don't know. Maybe the ISP could get the names off the account, give them to Alias, then Alias could check and see if they are using a registered version or not, then do something about it.

I'm not exactly sure if a big companey wants to go through all the hoops just to bust a 14 year old kid though. Any advice on how to manage this problem?

*EDIT*

Oh! Almost forgot! This is a big question. This kid told me last night that it was actually LEGAL to have a pirated version of any software just so long as you don't share it and use it for NON-commercial use only. I was like WHAT?!?!?!?!

This CAN'T be true can it?!

drknow 17-08-2003 03:58 PM

No, Im positive it is illegal.

^^TwEeK^^ 17-08-2003 04:30 PM

it is illegal...

but i dont think that alias should target the small people who get kazaa of the net...cuz im guessing there are a lot of those, and its probably not going to help that much....

what they need to do is target the people who make it available for warezing and the people who distribute it......

carrot juice 17-08-2003 06:07 PM

I agree with tweek. they need to target the people who are doing the real damage- distributing to professionals who would otherwise buy maya. actually, 14-year-olds downloading maya off kazaa could be a benifit to alias- they would never actually buy it, and if they become hooked, they might just be a customer later in life :D
i think this is why they put out PLE as well.

drknow 17-08-2003 11:27 PM

Yes, but it is still no excuse to get it.

fredriksson 17-08-2003 11:40 PM

The big software companies like Alias and Adobe are quite lenient with the small time warezers and research have shown that they are not a source of lost revenue anyway. There are organisations who target ordinary people for their busts, but I think Alias are mostly concerned with studios who have one licence and like 5 artists and those kind of things. Seeing how easy it is to warez, I admire those who use PLE.

drknow 18-08-2003 12:39 AM

Yes, PLE is good if you want to learn. :)

Vampus 18-08-2003 05:11 AM

But we can't do cloth :(

adldesigner 18-08-2003 07:05 AM

As if we use it much anyway. :cool:

Vampus 18-08-2003 04:52 PM

Alot easier than making realistic cloth out of poly's :)

carrot juice 18-08-2003 06:52 PM

ever heard of Syflex?

adldesigner 18-08-2003 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vampus
Alot easier than making realistic cloth out of poly's :)
Mike's got a pretty good answer to that in the form a video around here. :p

Renderizer 19-08-2003 12:23 PM

I once received a pm from some forum member (not SM!) who responded to a thread of mine, and it went like:

"Dude, did you REALLY BUY A LICENSE FOR MAYA? That's so friggin' stupid, I just can't believe it! Why pay for it if you can download it for free?" :eek:

Which goes to show that, to some people, the notion of legally buying software is completely beyond their scope.

For some fuzzheads out there it seems to be a question of honour to have as much pirated software sitting on their hard disk as possible, even if they will never use it.

But even if they use it, the credo is something like:

"Pay for software? Not if I were a bloody millionaire!"

And then they're complaining about the features, even requesting new ones for the next release. :mad:

And who's supposed to pay for it?

Poor sods... :rolleyes:

Renderizer

drknow 20-08-2003 12:58 AM

Yes..............Crackheads Im sure :)