Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   2 Boxy 2 Poly (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11824)

Stormgetto 12-05-2004 02:14 AM

2 Boxy 2 Poly

1 Attachment(s)
I made this car using polygon box modeling...
In the begining was suppouse to be a nurbs modeling but my software has some trouble on nurbs tool so I did in good old poly way...
But seems that look quite boxy and don't get the same result as nurbs....maybe is my skill that is not good enough....
anyway.....
thanks that I could get quite light model...
I will be using this in my showreel animation...I hope guys enjoy and if someone has a comment please reply as soon as possible cause I will be moving into next stage of my showreel project....
Thanks....

Stormgetto 12-05-2004 02:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
side view

Stormgetto 12-05-2004 02:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
back view
the image is quite dark cause the car's colour...
to be honest I made like that looks less boxy.
but if someone is interest in see wire or with gray standart material just ask me yap...

Reimo005 12-05-2004 01:01 PM

It is too dark! but the model looks nice.

MainlineX 12-05-2004 02:32 PM

Model looks great but I reckon you should add a few more lights so the model can be seen better. Nice looking car though :)

train_ucl 12-05-2004 03:10 PM

wireframe ? ;)

ransick 12-05-2004 06:34 PM

dude!! you rock! and your model does too!
I'd love to see a wire of this one! chears!

Stormgetto 13-05-2004 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't find the model with is complete unsmooth...
that one has the wheel and the front bonet smooth...
but is the most old version I got...

Stormgetto 13-05-2004 12:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more wire

Stormgetto 13-05-2004 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i'm sorry to don't be able to show the unsmooth version of this one...
But I did in separeted image to could see more...
I hope is good enough...

Stormgetto 13-05-2004 12:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
for the lighting problem, whell the texture I did was suppose to be little dirty...so I took the spec and played with diffuse also with highlight so that material doesn't receive so many light...
And if I generate more light it seems that get quite unreal..(more than now)...
so I prepared with standart material on it......

Stormgetto 13-05-2004 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more pics

Stormgetto 13-05-2004 12:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the last one....
Thanks for reply guys....
Reimo: I hope u can see better in the untextured pics...
MainLine: I will be fixing this problem with darkness before I start to animate so after i finish and posted here I'll hope that could get better.
Train: there is your wire...
RanSick: Thanks, now there is the wire and if u see something, anything that u could give any comment would be nice.....
Now I'm goin to next stage.....

Stormgetto 13-05-2004 12:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone...
Well that the last one....
I hope u guys can see better know....
more comments is allways welcome...

Stormgetto 13-05-2004 12:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one..
Thanks everyone...
I hope u guys can see better now....

Stormgetto 13-05-2004 12:45 AM

sorry for that las 3 messages...
I had problem in my connection and I didn't know if the message was posted....

DrRobotnik 13-05-2004 12:51 AM

Great car! The front wheels seem to toe in too much tho, or it might be my eyes as it hasn't been mentioned.

I hope I dont need geek specs! Then my girlfriend would realy take the piss ;)

CGPMaya84 13-05-2004 01:14 AM

Very nice car model Stormgetto! Hopefully one day I can design a car model myself! :) Still have that head to work on for me though! Yeah, I have to agree about the texture though, it just seems a little dark. Also, it would be cool if you added a little more of a metal effect to it. Also DrRobotnik, there is nothing wrong with getting glasses! Hey, I wear them, and I don't look like a geek! ;) People think I look fine with or without them on. They have nice pairs of glasses out there anyway, so even if you did ever have to get some you would not have to get anything big and bulky that would make you "feel like a geek." I plan on getting contacts this summer though since I have had glasses for several years now, and I want to try something different! :) If you never want to get glasses, there is always contacts!

DrRobotnik 13-05-2004 07:24 PM

I was only joking. I have no problem with glasses. My girlfriend always jokes that because of the time I spend on the PC I should have ultra thick lensed glasses (geek glasses). Sometimes I wish I did need glasses I think look darn good in them ;)

train_ucl 13-05-2004 07:40 PM

i think it looks quite nice ...

@ 2 boxy: guess thats polygons ;)

Jay 13-05-2004 08:08 PM

Dude

This is a nice model, but you're not doing it any justice with the lighting. What are you using?

Get your textures back on and get a 3 light set up in there to pick up the edges of the car and fill it out nice too.

Jango

Stormgetto 14-05-2004 11:23 AM

Thanks guys...
I'm already working on it......
I'll be posting a better version in the next thread with scene and some another stuffs, because if I get into this here this thread is gonna turn WIP right......but I'm taking your comments, and working....allways for the best....

I-Iybrid 15-05-2004 11:54 PM

From what I can see of the car, its a Nissan Skyline (if im correct). Skylines are VERY boxy compared to other cars. I personally like the boxiness of the Skyline. Its already been mentioned, but the front tires bend in too much, as if its about to break off the suspension. Good work so far.