Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Girl Head (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11830)

Jay 17-05-2004 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys

Just thought I'd drop in and post this update. Started doing the texture about an hour ago or so, so still got a fair bit to do.

As you can see the bump map appearing on the test of the texture, its actually a Maya procedural shader, Brownian in fact, and all I've done is adjust it til the scales are small enough so it actually looks something like a skin bump, give it a bash!!! Any hassle I dont mind helping!!!

The tutorial demand is high!!! I'll do it asap, cos as I said before I want to finish this first, so all you dudes please hang on a while longer, I'm sure you have other stuff to do at the moment.

Vedic Kings; Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated,

Once again enjoy the pic
Later

Jango

ransick 17-05-2004 11:30 PM

NICE JANGO!

Let me grab a pencel and right down bumpeffect you used!
'cause I like the skin! good job on the texturing sofar!
Im not in the texturing stage yet but I will remember your project when Im going to learn how to texture...
keep it up man!
lttrr

DrRobotnik 18-05-2004 12:37 AM

Yeh good stuff! I've been using fractals as a procedual texture on my head but I'll give brownian a go coz my guy seems to have signs of leprosy! Oh yeh and the lips look realy nice! ;)

iseeu 18-05-2004 02:41 PM

yeah!!nice
learn to you

caligraphics 18-05-2004 02:57 PM

Yeah damn nice work :))

How did you UV the head ?

Jay 18-05-2004 09:02 PM

Thanks guys!!!

Caligraphics: I uv using cylindrical mapping on one half only and then planar the top section and stich those, tidy up the uv's then "- duplicate" the model, combine, merge verts, flip duped uv's and stitch together!!! Easy

Jango

NextDesign 19-05-2004 12:49 AM

:eek: Thats tons of uv mapping. I don't think I would call it easy. I would call it a nervous break-down for me. Will the tutorial go over this?

-Cheers Mate

caligraphics 19-05-2004 05:32 AM

ok, just curious if you had the "golden nugget of UV mapping" :)

Jay 19-05-2004 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys

Just finished off the main skin map. Have put a 'Temp' place holder for the hair line, so the position is spot on in uv space.
Then just need a few small spotty areas on the bump, not too much though and also need to get rid of the skin bump on the ears as the skin is smoother there and lips need bumping too.

For all you dudes who require an insight to the way I map stuff I'll include it on the tutorial as well. More work!!! You'll have to wait a bit longer I'm afraid then!!!

Enjoy the image anyway....

Jango

NextDesign 20-05-2004 01:43 AM

Very cool man. And in the tutorial, can you put in this file? Just so that we can compare ours to yours?

-Peace

NNY Design 20-05-2004 03:09 AM

looking great. I wouldnt mind a tutorial:) nnydesign@mac.com Thanks

lonepig 20-05-2004 06:56 AM

Once again a masterpiece in the making.
Livitt@gotadsl.co.uk if you would be so kind.

Zyk0tiK 20-05-2004 07:44 AM

same here :) Zyk0tiK@Zyk0tiK.com :D w00t! :D

vedic kings 20-05-2004 07:57 AM

Wow really nice! Almost photo real:)

Keep it coming!!

And I would love it if you could send me the tutorial as well.
joshua@oregonfast.net

Jay 23-05-2004 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys

Just thought I'd post the latest. Haven't done much til today, my daughter and her friend have been causing mayhem this weekend as kids do, but have had peace for the last part of today so here you go. I'm working on the actual nurb Cap for the hair now, the hair you see here is the underlying texture for the transparency on the cap. Just eyebrows and lashes to do after which shouldn't take too long. Enjoy the image!!

Jango