Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Spitfire Model Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16214)

BMS 10-04-2005 02:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Guys,

I'm still tweaking the model as I go, but having said that would love feedback on anything that is obviously out.

The Props are done, but the Cone still needs work as its very rough. The tailplane section is pretty much complete. I noticed the forward edge of the Elevator and rudder are both very radiused so I added this detail. The Fuselage still needs work but its getting closer. I also added the Exhausts.

I still need to complete the Nose Cone, Landing Gear, Canopy, maybe even add the seat etc.

Cheers
Paul

serhat 10-04-2005 05:06 PM

Nice job :)

Keep it on :)

lisa_gonzalez 11-04-2005 08:18 AM

Looking good there :D

LisaG

BMS 11-04-2005 09:19 AM

Thanks Guys,

I'm cleaning up my 3, 5 and 6 sided Polys. I'm hoping this wont take too long :(

Cheers
Paul

BMS 13-04-2005 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

Man I've spent many hours trying to get 4 side poly's happening. It took me a while to get the hang of it . . . well it actually felt like I was playing a game of chess :confused:

In any case with the help of Pony and Kurts tutorial I've got my head around it now :)

Most of the model is now cleaned up . . . well with the exception of the bottom of the Fuselage. Landing gear is in the main wing now and I've decided to go for a 4 bladed prop. The spitfire came out with 3, 4 and 5 bladed props!

BMS 13-04-2005 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Plus a closer look.

BMS 14-04-2005 05:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Started the Cockpit today :)

Looks like I might have the modelling completed by the weekend.

BMS 14-04-2005 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished off the cockpit and did a little more work in cleaning bumps out of the model. I still need to add a little more detail but that's all going to be easy stuff. I will move on to texturing next . . after joining the two halves of the fuselage together . . :)

Cheers
Paul

mhcannon 14-04-2005 10:02 PM

Paul,
It's coming together very nicely. The detail really adds to it. Keep up the great work.

BMS 15-04-2005 04:52 AM

Thanks Michael,

I can't wait to start texturing next :)

Jay 15-04-2005 09:07 PM

Yeah cool

This looks great, look forward to seeing it textured and put in a scene. Are you going to do a scene? Like an airfield or something, with a couple of these and pilots sitting around drinking tea waiting for 'Scramble'.

Jeez I can smell the grass and hear the old gramaphone playing too!! Oh and dont forget the dog!

Keep it going
_J

BMS 15-04-2005 10:17 PM

Thanks Jango,

I've just ordered a spitfire DVD for more reference information. It's now complete underneath and has it's antenna etc. I think modelling is complete . . . well if I stop tweaking it, which I can't seem to stop. Is a model ever complete?

I do plan on doing a scene with the Aircraft on ground. I'm not sure how much time I will put into this, because I would really like to do a full on animation with it, possibly combine it with Maya Live to produce something. So I guess I still have a lot of learning to do. I took some footage at the Australian Airshow a few weeks ago, so I should have the sound covered :)

I've never textured anything so it will be good to see how I go with this.

Cheers
Paul

Jay 16-04-2005 09:28 AM

Hey BMS

Sounds cool. I may be able to track somebody down for a Spitfire sound if ya not happy with yours.

_J

Jay 16-04-2005 09:31 AM

In fact I just found this little lot on a site

http://warbirdsofww2.tripod.com/downloads.htm

Theres a spitfire fly by here

_J

BMS 16-04-2005 12:33 PM

Thanks Jango,

I downloaded the sound and it seems very good . . thanks man.

I just got my Spitfire DVD and I'm going to start watching it. I can't believe they built 20,000 Spitfires! Starting from the Mark 1 through to the Mark 24.

Cheers
Paul