Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   July/Aug - normal - vedic kings (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17391)

vedic kings 16-07-2005 08:00 AM

another update, fix the flashlight light on the freak.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...light1copy.jpg

Bizzarostormy 16-07-2005 09:07 AM

wow looks great man .. only thing is when I look at your last pic im drawn directly to the bathroom. I think mabey the light is too bright in there unless thats what your going for. other wise (o.O)b

baheno 16-07-2005 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bizzarostormy
wow looks great man .. only thing is when I look at your last pic im drawn directly to the bathroom. I think mabey the light is too bright in there unless thats what your going for. other wise (o.O)b
first of all I think it's the color of the blood on the floor, blood isn't opaque (sp?) but a little transparent, on a darker surface like the blue tiles it would be a little more brownish/blue red than the bright red it is now...

and the toilet is a real viewmagnet, maybe you should try to darken that.

apart from that, awesome job!

Dragonhawk 16-07-2005 11:15 PM

try to make the blod on the floor more reflective and not so bright.also i wanted to say that your scene gets more and more to a Brutal scene instead of a scary scene...i dont know if this will be accepted for the challenge.....but i hope u win the wacom tablet! :) maybe i will also join.....normal of course to make you Competition :P

joshlobo 17-07-2005 03:41 AM

yeah... much better.

i think some of these other guys are on the right track with the blood... a little more transparent and reflective. and maybe some blood on the charcter, like from the wrists.

it probably sound like i'm bitching about everything... but this is really cool

alienscience 17-07-2005 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by joshlobo
...but this is really cool.
Yes, it is.

vedic kings 17-07-2005 05:15 AM

Hey guys thanks for your replys!

Bizzarostormy. well the freak will be the point of attention, in the final render.

baheno, thanks for your input on the blood, but I took it out for now, I think it was a little over kill.

Dragonhawk, I think your right about the over use of blood. So I took it out. I'll play around some more with the texture later.

joshlobo, If I put all the blood back I will for sure use yours and the other guys inputs!

alienscience, Thanks:)

I have don't some changes to the room, and did some light testing.

Tell me which one looks the better as for the lighting so I can go in a direction.

If anyone feels that the over use blood in the bathroom should stay let me know please.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...gs/series1.jpg

mtmckinley 17-07-2005 05:17 AM

definitely looking nice! Is the spotlight on the corpse coming from a flashlight or something? Might be cool to include the lightsource in the scene.

vedic kings 17-07-2005 05:27 AM

Hey thanks mtmckinley,

Yes the light on the freak is from a flashlight, which his brother is holding when he enters the room looking for him. I plan to add the brother holding the flashlight to the scene:)

mtmckinley 17-07-2005 05:28 AM

oh yeah, I forgot. ;)

vedic kings 17-07-2005 06:09 AM

Hehe.......;)

Heres a bigger render of the lighting i'm somewhat liking at this point.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ckings/bl2.jpg

t1ck135 17-07-2005 07:22 AM

maybe just smears of blood around the bath floor would give the impression that the body was dragged from there (most of the blood pooling would have occured in the bath itself).
Also there might have been contact with the toilet as the body was pulled past so it might have a few small browny streaks of blood present.

Looking fantastic though (in a grusome way) ;)

t1ck135 17-07-2005 07:25 AM

just thought that the blood from the mouth would have slowly dripped over his chest too - might tone down the shiny skin color a little

can't wait to see the final scene!

Bizzarostormy 17-07-2005 09:26 AM

oh yeh that looks very nice now! one thing im noticing is that the entire floor looks very reflective. I can see the toliet relfecting in the room past the bathroom. I am in awe looking great man.

Dragonhawk 17-07-2005 02:14 PM

two things:
1.I like the you see the lower body so uncomplete and i liek that u have shadows there...makes it more scary...definately gives you a plus in the final judgement.
2.try to create a brother with a face which is very shocked..remember this...

keep the good work...!!

vedic kings 17-07-2005 04:18 PM

Thanks guys!

t1ck135, thanks for all you good inputs about the blood, I may just do that, texture the blood to look like the body was drag on the floor.

Bizzarostormy, I'll be fixing the relfecting on the bathroon and bedroom floor, thanks for pointing that out though:)

Dragonhawk, thanks man Yeah I do plan to have an expression to the brother;s face indeed:)

Ok, I added the flashlight and did a little light adjustment. I'm going to start on the brother:)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...gs/fl2copy.jpg

vedic kings 18-07-2005 07:29 AM

Hey guys:)

I had a lot of work to do today, so I didn't have much time to work on my scene. But through out the day I was thinking about what I could and needed to do to improve the scene. Well this is what I got so far, haven't started on the brother yet, but will soon. The new added on room is going to be a kitchen, but its not final, it may turn out to be a livingroom.

This new roon is where the brother enters into the bedroom from.

The lighting will change for the new room, not sure if it should be warm or cold lighting.

Anyways let me know if this is the right turn for the scene.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ngs/bvotr2.jpg

niasyn 18-07-2005 12:31 PM

I definitely like the wider shot. Will have to see it as a kitchen...

Ooooh, you could make it a haunted kitchen, with knives flying around and blood flowing up the walls.. ;)

Total Rookie 18-07-2005 01:33 PM

Maybe you can amplify the lights so we can see the "Forgive Me" Phrase. And why don't you put somethin' like the man's legs somewhere?

dae 18-07-2005 03:37 PM

I prefer the older view, I think the new view has too many focal points ie: the bathroom, the torso and the second door, but anyway the scene is coming together pretty well.
Dae

t1ck135 18-07-2005 05:31 PM

I really like how the light catches the covers on the bed, it adds a real something :)

the rest of the light from the window looks a little too bright though and detracts from the character on the wall, it kind of makes it lose its spooky element. Maybe if it was misty outside (you wont see it obviously) then it could help tone down the light?

Just as an observation, whoever put the body up there (or if it crawled up itself) then it would have had to stand on the bed and depress/mess up the covers a bit

just observations, I still have to :bow: to how good and fast you can do this

Shortay 18-07-2005 07:21 PM

Ya and you should add some wrinkles to the bed, because if he would of stood on his bed it would of made it wrinkle alittle:\
Or is someone stood on it for that matter.

vedic kings 19-07-2005 03:56 AM

Thanks for all your replys guys!

niasyn, lol yeah I could do that:)

Total Rookie, the legs are in the tub. I brighting the flashlight lighting:)

dae, I agree with you, is this better now?

t1ck135, thanks for all your inputs! I'll try to work on thoses!

Shortay, yeag good idea, i'll do that:)

Well heres a update, haven't had much time. The brother is just a place holder as you can see he looks like shit! But I plan to model the brother good, so more update on that soon:)

Well here it is.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ngs/aqicky.jpg

Shadeblade 19-07-2005 04:29 AM

Wow!! I've been feeling exactly the same way that the guy on the wall feels since I was grounded from computers... Dead!
Great work Vedic! Amazing scene!

(P.S. For those who do know how I was grounded, and are wondering why I'm back on the computer: Sucking up always works..)

dae 19-07-2005 08:33 AM

looking good

the second image is the one I would go for,
have you tried having some fog light from the light outside?
also tilt the head down and to one side.

Dae

Shortay 19-07-2005 01:21 PM

Dang bro, I have been watching these forums, and this is probably the best I have seen here, well maybe not the BEST but it is damn close:beer:
Dont work yourself to much man, you still got a month:) all the other challenges are gona have to fricken work their arses off to top this:p IMHO, so far man, enjoy your wacom:bow:

Dragonhawk 19-07-2005 01:38 PM

well as i said i like it much more when the model is lightened from the bottom....i like the new perspective more....keep on...and hope that i wont join the competition :P jk

shaneH 20-07-2005 06:08 AM

Awesome work.Welldone.I agree with dae,tilting the head would make it seem more realistic.Nice lighting.If
you added slight fog to the torch it would add to it.
Shane

vedic kings 21-07-2005 08:53 PM

Thanks guys!

Shadeblade, thanks man:)

dae, i'm working on the fog right now, look below for the fluid test for fog.

Shortay, wow thanks man!! There are some prttiy good scenes in this challenge, so its a challenge!!

Dragonhawk, thanks:) yeah I'll work more on lighting when the textureing is done.

shaneH, thanks, yeah i'll be rigging the the characters later, and poses them better:)

Here a little update using fluid for fog. I'm having probems with the light fog using mental ray. But I'm not giving up tell I figure this out!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...s/fog1copy.jpg

Dark Monk 22-07-2005 04:50 PM

looking good, keep up the good work.

Ankalagon 22-07-2005 06:13 PM

This is mad man, keep it up, wonderfull and creapy!

cb8rwh 22-07-2005 06:17 PM

looking really good matey!!

very evil feel to it

keep the good work up

rich

vedic kings 23-07-2005 07:58 PM

Hey thanks guys!!

Here another update:)

Been playing around with light fog (finally got the fog working in mental ray!) and some bumpmap.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...gs/nrsfym2.jpg

Well i'm not 100% happy with the lighting, but will keep working on it:) I'm going to do some more modeling and textureing:)

Shadeblade 25-07-2005 12:47 AM

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already (Too lazy to check back) but shouldn't his head be limp to one side?

Shadeblade 25-07-2005 12:52 AM

Oh, never mind :D He's in a state of rigor mortis.

Alan 25-07-2005 11:30 AM

why is there a big white "hotspot" on the wall? where is that lighting coming from? I agree about the head to one side thing. The body does look too rigid at the moment

:ninja:
A

t1ck135 25-07-2005 12:16 PM

its from the torch of a character that has not yet been added to the scene (his brother if I rightly remember from the thread)

Looking good though vedic, makes me want to learn how to texture :)

vedic kings 25-07-2005 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks guys:)

Pure_Morning, the hotspot is coming from a flashlight, which the brother is holding.

update

Hellspawnuk 26-07-2005 02:20 PM

Looking really good, but perhaps lower the body so the arms are in a slight V shape, on a shallow angle. The arms seem too straight with the body to be realistic at the moment.

vedic kings 26-07-2005 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Hellspawn :)

I fix the arms and haed.

I have another idea, but still the some conecpt, which will make a more interesting lighting scene.

Anyways this is just for fun, using some photoshop filters.