Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Nov/Dec - Norm - Yamaha Roadstar (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19122)

MattTheMan 24-11-2005 10:38 PM

W O W :eek: Dilberts you are working as though there were no tommorow!!!!! Not to mention the amount of details in this model!

dilberts 25-11-2005 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last update for today. It's thanksgiving here, so I had some time to work on it. Starting to work on the details now. Once the engine is complete, it's downhill from there, so hopefully I'll make the deadline.

magicsy 25-11-2005 08:02 AM

looks fantastic!! you definitely have that render setup down to a tee!
Great work.:beer:

cris007 25-11-2005 09:18 AM

I'm speechless... I am without speech :)

THX1138 25-11-2005 10:51 AM

Very nice wire on your roadster engine. Thanks for posting it!:)

dilberts 26-11-2005 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Took a break from modeling for a few minutes to mess with some shaders. This was a render of a quick paint and chrome test. It's just a rush job so that I could test how my system is going to handle reflections. Suffice to say there's going to be no final gather on this project, my system crashes every time I try to render the whole bike. However, I think once I mess around with the lights and reflection source, I'll be able to squeeze out a nice final render with a regular mental ray render with simple lights.

vladimirjp 26-11-2005 04:08 PM

i dont think its fair to other entries for u to enter with a project u already started on, when everyone start from scratch.
that gives u more time advantage, and u have a start ahead already, its th 1st rule in the challenge i think.

altho i dont think it matters much cuz i doubt u will finish in time with this model.

dilberts 26-11-2005 05:06 PM

vladimirjp, I started this model on the 13th of November, and posted my first render of the wheel and brake disc on that day (look in the WIP forum), which is well within the time conditions. You can see by my updates every day that it is a current project that I am working on for this competition, and like you say, may not finish in time, so don't freak out.

These competitions are to encourage people to do good work and help each other out with questions. Let's not turn it into an argument. ;) I'd love to see your entry if you have time to post it.

magicsy 26-11-2005 05:52 PM

well said Bro, :beer:

mayafreak3 26-11-2005 08:36 PM

Really nice NURBS modeleing dilberts. It is a complex model. Textures will take some time, but at the rate you are progressing you should be fine I think.

Keep up the good work!

mayafreak3

dilberts 27-11-2005 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quick low quality render to show some progress.

vladimirjp 28-11-2005 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dilberts
vladimirjp, I started this model on the 13th of November, and posted my first render of the wheel and brake disc on that day (look in the WIP forum), which is well within the time conditions. You can see by my updates every day that it is a current project that I am working on for this competition, and like you say, may not finish in time, so don't freak out.

These competitions are to encourage people to do good work and help each other out with questions. Let's not turn it into an argument. ;) I'd love to see your entry if you have time to post it.

yea but whats the point really
... rules are rules.

anyway, no matter.

keep up good works.:beer:

dilberts 29-11-2005 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Breakthrough!! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to give this model justice in the render stage, but I just spent 5 hours learning about render layers and compositing, and have finally managed to render without crashing. This was rendered in 4 pieces. I haven't messed with the compositing yet, so the masks are maybe a little too obvious, but at least now I know with a little work I can get the high quality render I'm looking for. It only took 38 minutes to render all 4 layers too :attn:

Now to finish up the modeling and start texturing. The engine is all but complete apart from the exhausts, so the hard part is done. :beer:

dilberts 29-11-2005 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Starting to think about textures.

dilberts 29-11-2005 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another angle