Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Any Females in here at all?? Or is it a guy dance? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20418)

kbrown 15-03-2006 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NextDesign
I went to the Maya 7 launch party and I saw a lot of girls there. If you look at a movies credits you'll see that half of those people are girls. So is 3d male dominated? Not at all.
You sure you entered the right door? ;)

13th_resident 15-03-2006 09:00 AM

..lol.

littlelostalien 18-03-2006 12:06 PM

Perhaps it's more extreme in games then. The developers I work for has about 100 employees, and the female contingent is me and the receptionist...

Tiago2 22-03-2006 12:41 PM

wow, must be fun on u. A lot of compition must be going on to see who can get ur attention. lol have fun!

maryca 05-04-2006 03:29 PM

after all - girl

i'm a girl too and in trouble.....
can some of you strong and bright guys tell me how can i get marking menu so i can start ControlVertex. i'm new to maya, just started, and she puts me right through hell...
help.....
please....
note: i have eMac, 10.4.5, and original mouse. that means that my right click is ctrl+mouse and i do not have middle button.

Tiago2 05-04-2006 09:50 PM

U need 3ds max, lol. Sorry I'm don't do too much Maya Im more for max. I'd help if I could.

mtmckinley 05-04-2006 10:16 PM

if right click is not an option:

Press F8

Enable and Disable the applicable component type at the top of the UI. For CVs, you'd want Points enabled.

edit:

Macs do have the function keys (like F8) right? lol

blomkaal 06-04-2006 07:35 AM

Re: after all - girl

Quote:

Originally posted by maryca
i'm a girl too and in trouble.....
can some of you strong and bright guys tell me how can i get marking menu so i can start ControlVertex. i'm new to maya, just started, and she puts me right through hell...
help.....
please....
note: i have eMac, 10.4.5, and original mouse. that means that my right click is ctrl+mouse and i do not have middle button.

F8 = Object mode (or last used component if you're already in OM)
F9 = CV's
F10 = Edges
F11 = Faces
F12 = UV's

That's how if goes for polys, as far as I remember, and I think it's basically the same for sub-d's, but I'm not sure :)

You should consider getting a 3-button mouse though...

maryca 06-04-2006 08:02 AM

tnx, guys..
i did some research on my own. it turned out that i can make my own hotkeys. so i did it. thing that confused me was that in tutorial was written like that marking menu is made in default. it isn't working in my Maya.
about three buttons mouse: i've tried it but with same resault.
i just got mac and i love everything abut it. mouse, too. i'm just trying to get by with original mouse. when i earn some extra money, i'll buy myself power mouse so everything will be shining and working.:attn:

sea_dot 08-04-2006 02:52 AM

Wow, my first post here and my secret burning question, all within 15 minutes of becoming a member! I'm a girl. Uber noob, but a girl nonetheless. I worked in a film lab for years and moved from old school optical printing and fx to becoming obsessed with Maya! I was the only girl I knew in the country who worked as a professional optical printer. Glad to see there are at least a few more here! ;) I've been wondering how many there are!

farbtopf 08-04-2006 09:04 AM

I'm no girl, but after seeing me getting started with maya my girlfriend is getting hooked on it as well, hehe

13th_resident 15-04-2006 09:23 PM

she will obviously be better than you.

farbtopf 17-04-2006 12:02 AM

lol, not yet but she's working on it :D

13th_resident are you from kassel?

Trinity 22-04-2006 12:26 PM

I am a new girl to Maya and this forum. We seem to be a minority on here for sure.

From what I have seen/read so far (which is every thread posted, all the WIPs and competition entries) we have a lot of catching up to do. We have a HUGE road ahead of us to compete with the big boys :)

Maybe one day our work can be posted on here and look as good (if not better) than theirs

See you around the forums.

Trin :blush:

Tiago2 22-04-2006 01:12 PM

haha good luck! Im not a maya freak but I'll check out what u girls can do.