Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Interior- My house (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21416)

MattTheMan 24-05-2006 02:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A center of interest! It's ugly!!!

The green thing at the bottom left is not meant to be green, I just forgot to assign a material to it.

And- no postprocess in photoshop done (that usually blurs it). I'll give it to you straight the way Indigo made it. It made it in... oh, 13h 45m :D

bobalie 24-05-2006 02:48 AM

nice work there MatttheMan.

P.S., how is your WIP shader coming?

13th_resident 24-05-2006 07:32 AM

i wish i had chairs like that.

keep it up dude

farbtopf 24-05-2006 07:50 AM

very nice work, well done. Maybe you want to put something behind the windows so the scene looks a bit more as if it was actualy "there".

MattTheMan 24-05-2006 11:18 AM

thanks guys

@ bobalie- wip shader? if you mean my raytracer- then its done. no more working on it.

@farbtopf- that will be finishing touches in photoshop, once I can get it to render on a quad 3.8ghz computer with 16 GB ram for 20 hours :) which my dad has access to :) :) :)

I need to get a tiled hardwood texture in there.

Joopson 24-05-2006 07:18 PM

AWESOME! i really like the green electrical plug!;)

:beer: cheers
andy

MattTheMan 30-05-2006 02:59 PM

Hehe, thanks Joop!

Well, I have been stuck on writing my script for Maya->Indigo renderer. This project is not done- and I am NOT abandoning it.

arran 31-05-2006 06:05 PM

Excellent work matt the man - the render has come out nice - just a bit more color to contrast with the main color and this will look really cool.

MattTheMan 09-06-2006 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, haven't updated in a while, but I gave Maxwell Demo a try. It's alright, I think... but slooow. Not as slow as Indigo ;)

Materials need a LOT of work. 1 hour 15 minute render. SL 13.15

gster123 09-06-2006 10:39 PM

Looks neet man, the only thing is I reckon you could do with a rug or something to define the floor a bit.

MattTheMan 09-06-2006 10:41 PM

Im gonna have a tiled hardwood flooring. I'm probably gonna finish this thing in Maxwell (Max->Indigo is broken or something, and my script can't handle the 300,000 triangles :p).

Anyway... the watermark aint bad at all, I dont mind it.

Later,
-Matt

Joopson 09-06-2006 11:37 PM

looks like the trial is really working well, does it work forever? or 30 days or sumthin?

You will love Maxwell after awhile!:attn:

MattTheMan 10-06-2006 12:44 AM

Trial works 'till I mow the lawn of neighbors enough to afford an educational license ;)

I already love it. The Material Editor is really intuitive, and it's really easy to set up complex materials (not quoted).

Also, I LOVE the -ml (multilight) feature. Wow. Sorry Indigo- Maxwell's here :p

I'm currently rendering a lamp scene (modified studio setup)... and the -ML setting really helps a LOT!!!!!.

I'll probably post it here later.

[edit] but what really bothers me is the artificial noise that is persistent 'till past SL 10 or (in extreme DOF, like I'm doing) to SL 12. [/edit]

-Matt

Joopson 10-06-2006 02:33 AM

its kinda funny, i am still using the Beta version, because i really like its layout. I did download the latest, but didnt like the layout as much.... Eventually i will give the final a shot again. lol

MattTheMan 10-06-2006 02:44 AM

oh... lol, actually everyone's saying that 1.0 can't get the quality of Beta (everyone at www.maxwellrender.com/forum). Soo... you might be lucky. I still like 1.0 though. Great material editor...

-Matt

gohan1842 10-06-2006 09:30 PM

The watermark kinda kills the whole render.

I can't look at something in your render without looking back at the watermark.

MattTheMan 10-06-2006 09:31 PM

thats true... so if I can't afford a license any time soon, then I'll just have to go back to Indigo :(

gohan1842 10-06-2006 09:37 PM

It'll be nice if you can afford it soon.

While we're here:

Those chair seats aren't looking too convincing to me. They look as if they almost have no thickness to em and would break on me if I sat down.

Unless they're made of steel which would be pretty uncomfortable, I would add some more thickness to em.

gster123 10-06-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gohan1842
The watermark kinda kills the whole render.

I can't look at something in your render without looking back at the watermark.

Dude what do you want matt to do????

Its a demo, get over it, look past it.

gohan1842 10-06-2006 09:42 PM

Gster123:

I'd rather him use a different render next time. Simply said.

gster123 10-06-2006 09:47 PM

Why?

Look at it for what he's doing, trying other things, expanding his knowledge, etc.

Dont have a beef cos theres a watermark, not everyones made of money

gohan1842 10-06-2006 09:48 PM

Why?

As I already said before it's difficult to completely understand the render with the watermark there.

Which is why I said to use a different render next time he wants to show an update.

MattTheMan 10-06-2006 09:49 PM

Well what if I like this renderer. And Indigo won't export from 3ds Max. It broke. I would do it from Maya, but maya crashes trying to export 50,000 polys.

So I am sorry, but you will deal with it. I'm already working my ass of doing yardwork 8 hours a day for everyone trying to raise a buck or two. And my rich snobby neighbors pay me about $2 an hour because I'm "underage". Oh- on top of the yard work, I'm moving in a week to Connecticut. We have 4000 sq.ft of house to pack into a bunch of boxes. The movers aren't doing a thing. Not for under 8 grand anyway. And we can't afford it.

So- you will deal with it until I can afford Maxwell full. And at this rate I won't for a while.

-Matt

Joopson 10-06-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MattTheMan
Well what if I like this renderer. And Indigo won't export from 3ds Max. It broke. I would do it from Maya, but maya crashes trying to export 50,000 polys.

So I am sorry, but you will deal with it. I'm already working my ass of doing yardwork 8 hours a day for everyone trying to raise a buck or two. And my rich snobby neighbors pay me about $2 an hour because I'm "underage". Oh- on top of the yard work, I'm moving in a week to Connecticut. We have 4000 sq.ft of house to pack into a bunch of boxes. The movers aren't doing a thing. Not for under 8 grand anyway. And we can't afford it.

So- you will deal with it until I can afford Maxwell full. And at this rate I won't for a while.

-Matt

Very well said... I hate when people get mad about a watermark.....
You will LOVE New England!
i live in the state above connecticut...... Massachusetts!

ofcourse it snows alot here, lol
-andy

gster123 10-06-2006 09:55 PM

Ok, whatever, I dont get your argument about the watermark, maybe you cant see past it and have to crit on that, fair enough if thats your bag.

I can though.

And to quote your sig "hey HE tried"

gohan1842 10-06-2006 09:58 PM

Your immaturity is showing once again.

Don't get all defensive. Don't ask somebody to crit your WIP unless you're willing to take them.

You posted a render with a big watermark in the middle. Sure, I'll say Maxwell is a good renderer. Thanks for posting that render for showing us. Then I simply said that it'd be best if you use a different render without a watermark if you want to show another update.

I suggested using a no watermark renderer seeing as this is also a modelling WIP so you can fully see all the detail.

Yea I know some people can't afford a full version of a renderer. However, Matt has already proven that he can use a renderer that has no watermark. Henceforth, my suggestion.

MattTheMan 10-06-2006 10:13 PM

MY immaturity? You have to be kidding me.

What you did wasn't crit. The chair comment was a crit. I thanks you for telling me about the chair comment. The REAL reason that I have been using Maxwell, to tell the truth is because 3ds Max won't export anymore. That's a problem I am currently trying to fix with what little time I have.

Oh yeah, if you don't like my watermark, feel free to reach in your wallet and pull out $500 for me and send it to me.

In the meanwhile, I'll work and work 'till I get it.

And I'm getting defensive because you are posting completely (well, the first one) USELESS comments, that do nothing but state on your part that you can't post anything educated, and instead have to trash the render because of a watermark, which is definatly my fault that I can't afford $500.

Oh belive me, if I do get the Indigo problem fixed (and I even emailed the writer of the exporter) I'll render in Indigo.

-Matt

gster123 10-06-2006 10:13 PM

Quote:

Your immaturity is showing once again.

Sorry I really dont understand that, since you ment to give constructive crit rarther than

"The watermark kinda kills the whole render.

I can't look at something in your render without looking back at the watermark."

Thats as constructive and as immature as saying,

"I dont think your scenes any good cas you've got the Maya PLE version"

Plus it dosent say in your comment to use a diffefent render because you cant see the whole picture ??

If you want to give good crit, back it up with a reason.

gohan1842 10-06-2006 10:16 PM

I'll just let you 2 post your replies, seeing as you can't take any crits.

I would love to get someone elses second opinion on this.

gster123 10-06-2006 10:20 PM

I can take any crit as long as its constructive.

And I think so can Matt

So lets see if someone thinks that a watermark "kills" the scene.

Nice Immature reply

gohan1842 10-06-2006 10:20 PM

Yea, I said the watermark killed the render, and it did.

You say you're using Maxwell cause other stuff doesn't work. Fair enough. Then next time post a screenshot of your scene for the "Modelling" sake of your scene.

I guess I didn't mean to say use a different renderer but to use a different way of showing your scene next time you make a modelling update, so we can see the details of what you just modelled.

MattTheMan 10-06-2006 10:23 PM

See, that's better. :)

arran 10-06-2006 10:24 PM

er... I don't have a problem with the water mark - I mean it would be nice without it, but it's not the end of the world - I can see past it and it doesn't seem that bad....

Great work matt the man - I like this scene a lot, though still waiting for you to put something outside the windows - at the moment your room kind of looks like it's floating in heaven, if you know what I mean. Some different views would be good too.

MattTheMan 10-06-2006 10:25 PM

you got it Arran! :) Once 3ds Max starts up again :eek:

gohan1842 10-06-2006 10:26 PM

I never said the scene wasn't bad with the watermark. I said that it was hard to notice details in the scene without the watermark being in the way. I didn't think that everyone would freak out by saying it killed the scene.

gster123 10-06-2006 10:29 PM

Quote:

I never said the scene wasn't bad with the watermark. I said that it was hard to notice details in the scene without the watermark being in the way. I didn't think that everyone would freak out by saying it killed the scene.
Gotta say use the following

"Constructive Criticism"

Then People wont freak out. Dont just use statements.

gohan1842 10-06-2006 10:30 PM

Quit being dense.

That was a constructive crit. It's hard to notice fine details with the watermark there. I suggested he use a different method. If he can't then ok. I never said it was a MUST that he do it.

gster123 10-06-2006 10:33 PM

Quote:

Quit being dense.

That was a constructive crit. It's hard to notice fine details with the watermark there. I suggested he use a different method. If he can't then ok. I never said it was a MUST that he do it.

Quit being dense, dont make me laugh,

In your reply that caused all this you didn't say anything constructive.........

I'll leave it at that.

gohan1842 10-06-2006 10:35 PM

I suggested a way to make his render better, so it was constructive.

MattTheMan 10-06-2006 10:37 PM

A few wire shots.

Sorry, I had to use JPG quality 1 on some of those to get them under 70k

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4691/17uf2.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8148/20uv.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1158/38xw.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3219/40pv1.jpg