Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Ferrari Modena (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21567)

ericmattison81 17-05-2006 09:02 PM

Ferrari Modena

1 Attachment(s)
After seeing this guys work, I decided to try the modena.

http://www.cg-cars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3

His work has inspired me alot so i decided to give it a try. Im NOT using the tutorial on this site so I will post wireframes up with every pic so that if anyone has done the tutorial will see my wire doesnt match theirs unless we model alike *Wink* lol nosa but im not sure if he uses sub-D creases like alot do ot use close edges which I do so you will see the difference for your self.

The pic IS NOT MY WORK, thats this guy named TheShaddix on that link I have above so everyone If you like modena's, check out his work.

ericmattison81 17-05-2006 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a pic of what I've done so far. Im starting with the fender

MattTheMan 17-05-2006 09:04 PM

oh I thought that was a reference pic! :p

ericmattison81 17-05-2006 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the wire for it

ericmattison81 17-05-2006 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another shot

mmoore5553 17-05-2006 09:25 PM

well good start ...cant wait to see progress ...is the dragon gone now ?

ericmattison81 17-05-2006 09:35 PM

No but I have modeling add lol I cant stick with one lol

Anm8or 17-05-2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ericmattison81
No but I have modeling add lol I cant stick with one lol
i have the very same problem. . .i see some work, get inspired, begin my version, become unhappy and uninspired, surf around for more inspiration, repeat process.

there is a tutorial that kurt completed for this particular vehicle. perhaps if you followed that you would finish.

i myself am working on a ferrari enzo, inspired by the modena tutorial. will post some pics and we can have a mini contest between ourselves, on who quits working first! j/k. . .

ericmattison81 17-05-2006 09:52 PM

haha thats funny. Well it seems I always get to the part where you attach the halves and thats when I quit so I probablly got around another month lol. Yea it hard not to be inspired but I think I like making thinks look good rather then finishing it. I get a thirll out of having nothing on my view and then having it in rough poly, once it starts to look nice i seem to quit. I guess I got to keep my stuff ugly or something

mmoore5553 17-05-2006 09:57 PM

oh cani be in contest ...it will be the biggest maya loser lmao ...

and my dad said i had potential ...lmao

quiters unite lol :beer:

ericmattison81 17-05-2006 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Haha you should join just for fun Matt. ok so heres some updates, im getting wired pinching in the area circled pinch so I was wondering if anyone can see what its happening

ericmattison81 17-05-2006 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you cant see it from that angle but its there so heres the wireframe. Dont mind the part in the middle, the sections arent combined until I can figure that pinch out

MattTheMan 17-05-2006 11:49 PM

Yawn. Who needs polys? I am gonna attempt this baby in NURBS!!! It hasn't been done before (actually it has... but shhhh :D).

But, now, I am too caught up in school projects, finals are next week, 4, I repeat, 4 essays due on Friday... a science project, and an algebra project having nothing to do with algebra :)

But, I will do some stuff this weekend, and especially on next Thursday- SCHOOL IS OUT!!! :attn:

ericmattison81 18-05-2006 01:42 AM

haha i know that feeling. my semester ended 2 weeksa ago and i had huge projects 2 finish. o well its not like i get a break because we started our summer semester this week.. god i hate trimester colleges

ericmattison81 18-05-2006 01:45 AM

i wish u can nurbs model. it looks 20x easier once you understand how to do it. thier are great tuts for it but ill wait. i especially neend trimd to learn how to use filet

younglion 18-05-2006 01:49 AM

good old shaddix all of his work are truly amazing and hes also working on a tutorial for his modelling texturing and rendering process. anywho thats a good start.

mmoore5553 18-05-2006 02:04 AM

shaddix ? any links ?

ericmattison81 18-05-2006 02:04 AM

younglion, i seen your work and your really good. can you tell why im gettin apinch at the corner of my headlight where it says pinch. i cant figure it out and ive tried everything.yes i know, i cant wait to see his tutorial

ericmattison81 18-05-2006 02:05 AM

mmoore, read my initial post, thats where the link is

ericmattison81 18-05-2006 02:06 AM

mmoore, if your went through his whole forum, you will be amazed. hes the one i was tellin you about who was talkin bout xsi

younglion 18-05-2006 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by mmoore5553
shaddix ? any links ?
just go to cg cars

Quote:

Originally posted by ericmattison81
younglion, i seen your work and your really good. can you tell why im gettin apinch at the corner of my headlight where it says pinch. i cant figure it out and ive tried everything.yes i know, i cant wait to see his tutorial
thanx man. but im not too sure how that pinching is occuring but i posted a pic about how to solve it (i think). if that doesnt work then i think the bevel on that corner should be a bit wider.

ericmattison81 18-05-2006 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok so after getting alot of replies from smcars.net, they were able to guide me through the pinch. i also doubled to polys. NO MORE PINCH yesssssssssssssssssssssssiirrrrr.

ok so since i redid the fenders, i had to delete the hood so im redoing it again

ericmattison81 19-05-2006 02:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here are some updates

ericmattison81 19-05-2006 02:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another shot

ericmattison81 19-05-2006 02:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
last shot for the night

younglion 19-05-2006 02:38 PM

not bad:ninja:

ericmattison81 20-05-2006 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I should I stuck with an easier car but I guess im going to try and actaully finsh a project for the first time. Im having problems with the bumper I guess my planes might not be matching right because when I match edges, Im getting crazy shapes so im kinda roughing it.

alot more work needs to be done. The hold in the middle looks tooooo big but Ill fix it

mc-fleury 20-05-2006 04:20 PM

very nice and clean mesh. the model look awsome,cant wait to see it finished.

I-Iybrid 21-05-2006 04:58 AM

-Deleted By User-

ericmattison81 04-06-2006 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I havent posted in a while so heres some updates just incase someone out there is waiting

ericmattison81 04-06-2006 03:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another shot

Anm8or 04-06-2006 10:05 AM

lookin good so far. . .keep goin! i know its tough, but you have inspired me to finish as well.

currently i m stuck on the tail light area of my enzo. and its been over 2 weeks since i started workin on my car (i get 30-60 minutes a day to work on it - weekends i usually get a few hours), and the slow progress now is makin me discouraged.

i do have a question. how are you getting those nice gaps/seems? are you modelig a certain area and then detatching the faces?

ericmattison81 04-06-2006 03:35 PM

Hey anm8or, Thanks for the compliment. I was looking at your enzo earlier and its looking real nice. I have the same problem as well lol and thats modelers ADD lol. I start with one project and try to do like 10 others at the same time. I cant just sit down and do one but hopefully, I can finish this one.
I understand where your comming from. I get like 30 mins aday also and if I have alot of HW, then i dont even have time. Sometimes I have to sneek some modeling in when my daughters sleep like right now lol.

lookin good so far. . .keep goin! i know its tough, but you have inspired me to finish as well.

My seems, im takin the line that makes the seem, bevel them all by the same amout so I can get the seems even on every part of the car, delete those faces that were beveled so that there is an opening, then I detach the faces.

ericmattison81 05-06-2006 01:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok heres an occlusion shot to see if there are any erros on the door. If anyones sees them, let me know. So far, I know the indent that runs form the door into the fender is off

spakooggie 05-06-2006 09:58 AM

nice model dude better then mine miura at the moment its so lumpy the ppl could get lost on the front wing.lol.
the side intake is a bit off looks a bit to striaght to me and the shoulder line crease doesnt seem to run through the car.it doesnt match up to the front wing other then that its very nice.
how do you model you tyres because i always get stuck on that bit?lol

ericmattison81 05-06-2006 02:51 PM

The shoulder line crease is running through the car but hmm lol. The tires whoa that was alot of work. Let see, I took atire ref pic, I did 1 row of thread,, place the pivot point in where I would want the center of the whole tire to be and did a duplicate rotate about 60x. then poly combine

ericmattison81 06-06-2006 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I started working on some rims. I didnt create the lug nut holes yet but I will soon, I just need a break. THe tires also are very ugly because I didnt add the tire yet to the tread but i will do that also when im dont being lazy.

meredith 06-06-2006 12:49 AM

wow this it awsome, think u might have inspired me to try modling a car aswell :D. Have u used the same technique as the simplymaya ferrari tutorial?
Thanks for the inspiration, its looking good :)

ericmattison81 06-06-2006 01:15 AM

Hey meredith thanks for the comments. No I didnt use the tutorial form this sites techniques. He does a good job on the model but he uses sub-D crease and im trying to get out that style so I learned from just looking at everyones wireframs and looking and looking lol. He does a good job though and I would recomment it for someone who never modeled a car because I seen alot of ppl on this site who completed that tutorial and it looks good like the guy in Finished work. My technique is all poly. I just use sub-D to see how it would look smooth but i dont do nay edits of any sort in that mode

ericmattison81 06-06-2006 01:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
haha I forgot to post the rims up close. I didnt finish the center cap and I need lug nut holes but im still lazy lol.