Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Capitolio Building (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25090)

marlonjohn 22-02-2007 06:09 AM

thanks terminator :)

gster123 22-02-2007 06:36 AM

Dont know how I missed this!

Nice work Marlon, would be great to see this textured in a nice scene.

marlonjohn 22-02-2007 07:32 AM

that no problem, atleast you saw it now :p

cheers steve, yeah ill get it all textured when i learn how to and finish some other projects to put abit of things in my online portfolio since there isnt really anything that great in it yet ;)

severinianthony 16-03-2007 01:56 AM

Looks great; what is the poly count on that beast?

I'm going to guess...about 180,000-225,000?

marlonjohn 16-03-2007 08:46 AM

cheers man,

the model is about 80,000 lol .... ;P most of it believe it or not is the top part which is at 30,000

marlon

Calvin 16-03-2007 05:13 PM

Nice work. I'm going to join the rest in saying I'd like to see some textures on your model :)

marlonjohn 22-03-2007 11:36 PM

thanks for the comment calvin :) when i do learn how to texture i will no worry about that ;)

marlonjohn 22-03-2007 11:36 PM

sorry double post even though i pressed the button once :confused:

meredith 07-04-2007 01:54 PM

wow, very impressive model! :beer:
What is your modeling method? Interested for it if i ever try to model buildings myself.
Well done man.

NeoStrider 07-04-2007 04:55 PM

i've gotta say that after seeing the W.I.P. i thought you were working off the few images you showed us, and so i was amazed at the level of detail you were able to obtain from just those few pics...

sadly, i now know better. the model is still flawless, though. what i would like to see is the capitolio building after some type of horrific aftermath. i'm not saying 'death to those who live or work in such a place', but i would like to see your imagination at work had such a place been a mark of destruction.

being able to perfectly recreate such a beautiful and timeless landmark is definitely within your capability... but how would you go about the destruction of such a beautiful and innocent place?

mirek03 27-04-2007 12:43 AM

lot of work there, looks ready for a terrorist attack ;) how long did you work on this one?? looks great! needs a bit of wear maybe?? A bit of weather wear.

publicFunction 27-04-2007 01:50 AM

Well done MJ thats a good looking building.

Did you do all the floors and the tiny tables and chairs and people and stuff :P.

So, when are you blowing it up :D

marlonjohn 28-04-2007 01:22 AM

@ chris - of course i made all the floors and tiny tables :p just kidding lol ... cheers man. i will be blowing up this beast as soon as i learn how to use this program to do it ;)

@ mirek - thanks man ... yeah was alot of work, didnt relise how much :p it took me about 2 months i think though i didnt work on it everyday, only on the weekends since i was still at school and still now thats why i have been abit inactive atm.

@ neo - hey man, thanks for the comment ... i will definetly one day go back to this and make some sort of destruction/aftermath with this model and many more aswell. i was thinking of recreating the same scene as the new series "Heroes" where Peter Patrally destroys NY with his own abilities...

@ meredith - thanks dude ... well i dont really have a real method of modeling buildings i just generally get all the references i need soo i get a basic 3d model in my head and then get the general proportions from there and work upwards ... if you go ahead about making a building and need some help, just give us a nudge and hopefully i will be free to help you :)

thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions :D

cheers, Marlon J

AlphaFlyte 28-04-2007 03:35 AM

It's really good to see some architectural work on the forums. A job well done as well. Came out great :)

marlonjohn 28-04-2007 05:20 AM

yeah i love architectural stuff and all that though i dont see many really here often as i would like too ... thanks man appriciate the comment :)