Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Vote for your favorite figurine! :) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25337)

Weyu 10-03-2007 01:18 PM

Oooh It's a tie now :)

Between those two I must admit that I prefer the sword(I want to see how that model will come out) go Goksi! :)

tweetytunes 10-03-2007 02:16 PM

i`m feeling sorry for poor old t1ck135.

alot of work went into that model and as yet not one single vote.

sorry man.

but this tie thing is cool I did not see this coming

mtmckinley 10-03-2007 02:35 PM

This isn't the only judging, but it is factored in. Don't read too much into the winner of this little vote winning the challenge. Many times that will happen, but sometimes, it goes another way.

But wow, a tie! Cool! Who's going to be the deciding vote!? :) Might have to do a tie breaker poll!

gster123 10-03-2007 02:37 PM

Thought si's would be right up there (with mine :-p !!).

I've gone for arran, as I think it fulfills the requirements of the challenge rules, as well as being bloody good work! (and lots of it!!)

Goksimaster' s is really individual and superb on the imagination scale but I cant really see it being made into a actual model as theres lots of thin and small bits on it, that would be hard to replicate, this is no was taking anything away from the model.

Got to say this challenge has had a great number of entries, all really great! Hope the next ones the same!

Big up to Mike for keeping the echallenges going and making this a great one!

Weyu 10-03-2007 02:50 PM

Tweetytunes: Yeah but at the pictures visible in the finals thread it looks like his model would tilt over if converted to a figure(Nice work tho!). :)

Maybe comments from McKinley on all the works would make more people participate in the future competitions, for the reference when trying to get into schools or to have in portfolios. :)

goksimaster 10-03-2007 03:33 PM

hey I was thinking . If I win, you scholud sent the modell and assk the manifacture if he will be able to make it without breaking it. If he said no send arans work insted ;). I don't wanth my modell to be brouken but I whant to win the chaleg because this is my first finish one

t1ck135 10-03-2007 07:10 PM

yeah it was a good challenge and big up to mike for getting it going and offering the prize :beer:

tweetytunes - it doesnt bother me in the slightest as I didnt actually put as much time in as it should have got whereas arran and goksimaster and some of the others put in loads of time and effort and deserve the acknowledgement :)

For the public voting its great to see two models head to head at the minute!
Good luck all

Si

THX1138 11-03-2007 01:11 AM

t1ck135, I'm, I'm, I'm shocked!!:eek: I don't see how you came out with no votes. I really thought you would be up there with arran and goksimaster. The work is so good! The topology is spot on.

BBr@nka 11-03-2007 06:39 AM

I vote for goksimaster;) , man that is one realy cool model , superb:beer:

THX1138 11-03-2007 11:56 AM

Wow, 32/19. I guess the sword is mightier than the pen as far as this poll goes.

zvinjedet 11-03-2007 12:35 PM

Dragon-sword is sooo cool! Very nice! :bow:

tweetytunes 11-03-2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by THX1138
Wow, 32/19. I guess the sword is mightier than the pen as far as this poll goes.
i think you`ll find its 24/20. he`s not winning by that much.

goksimaster you paying these new members to vote 4 ya :p

Weyu 11-03-2007 01:39 PM

Ofcourse he is, it is a rigged election. ;)

goksimaster 11-03-2007 02:35 PM

Hey they are just my friends from other 3d forums who love my work and they have look evryones work not yust directly vote for my. This is not so importent the final word will have mtmckinley so who cares

:beer:

tweetytunes 11-03-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by goksimaster
Hey they are just my friends from other 3d forums who love my work and they have look evryones work not yust directly vote for my.
wow i was only joking but you saying its almost ture,

you didn`t need to go get your mates dude,
your entry was a strong one already. Although not my fav entry i have always respected your entry and told you many times how cool it was.

I was glad to see how neck and neck the voting was getting and it was fun to watch you cath up with arrens 18 to 1 lead over everyone

i mean i got 74 family members i can call and get to register and vote if that how you want to play this game.

Quote:

Originally posted by goksimaster
This is not so importent the final word will have mtmckinley so who cares

well you must to do something like this

man my respect for this race is over.

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead