Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   TOON character (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25367)

leonlabyk 30-04-2007 05:33 AM

Damm this looks good. Love the boots + the gloves and hands look great now.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

kazama 18-05-2007 05:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
just a little update..

kazama 19-05-2007 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Working on her clothes.. trying to make her look more sexy.. :) I also make another armor for the uper part of the legs.. and the knee pads as well.. I think looks better.. and doesnt look to heavy the armor in the legs right know.

kazama 21-05-2007 02:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
some underwear...

kazama 21-05-2007 02:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
underwear (BACK)

younglion 21-05-2007 06:23 AM

been a while since i seen this thread. the model is coming along nicely.

arran 21-05-2007 07:48 AM

yeah - not bad - this is looking very nice. However, one thing that's bugging me - what good is armour if she has so much exposed skin? :confused: not that I'm complaining - i'm sure she has some sort of body shield! :D also - i think you might need to work on how her underwear follows the contour of her hips - at the moment it's looking a little flat.

kazama 21-05-2007 04:35 PM

thanks.. Yeah Im going to work on that underwear ARRAN, and make it follow a little better.. For the thing about the armor and to much skin exposed.. the thing is that i want the character to look more sexy.. The armor is in the same place as before.. I havent change it that much.. The only thing I do was. instead of have a 1peice suit, I make it 2 piece.. But Im thinking of some how to make the side of the body, the side of the stomach a little bit more cover.. maybe connect the stomach armor with the short and the other piece, and connect it in the back as well, and make it 1 peice again, and in the side leave just leave some parts where the skin is visible.. I hope I make my point..

kazama 21-05-2007 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
some update on the suit.. what do U guys think? I think is looking better..

kazama 21-05-2007 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
from the back

kazama 29-05-2007 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just starting to work on the shaders and textures..

MattTheMan 29-05-2007 07:52 PM

It looks really nice!

The only thing I can comment on is the armour on the breasts... the hard surface model doesn't seem so hard surfaced. I think you should make some of the plates come together at a harder angle, less smooth.

I hope you get what I mean :D.

kazama 29-05-2007 11:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks MattTheMan, I'm going to look into that.. For now, Some update on the textures.. I start taking the uvs, and donwloaded a couple of CAMO textures, in various colors and FLAVORS.. jujuju... and use the blue camo to make this little test. I like how it looks in red suit, maybe I'm going to use some red camo texture.. But is good to have it in various colors so I can change it to see how it looks in diferent colors.

kazama 29-05-2007 11:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And i also.. think maybe the metalic parts, making them not that metalic, maybe some futuristic material.. something maybe a little transparent, like some x-ray shader or something.. here I just aplied a sampler info and a blend color to the transparency, more to be done.. just testing some stuff..

Rhetoric Camel 29-05-2007 11:37 PM

I just went through all of this, dont know how I missed it, it looks great and come along very nicely. I'm liking the newer style with just the sides visible, it was almost TOO sexy for her type of character I think, but now it's looking much better! Keep it up! Are you planning on rigging and animating this character? If so I'm looking forward to it.