Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tell Us About Yourself (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26329)

Rhetoric Camel 20-05-2007 03:53 AM

Tell Us About Yourself

Tell us about yourself

Hello to everyone. Just because I like to get to know people that I talk to on a regular basis (meaning all of you at simply maya) I figured I'd start this thread. I didn't see one when I did a search so if I missed it I'm sorry.

This is for everyone to participate, even you people with no posts that just lurk in the background. Let this be your first post, it'll get you in the mood to participate more.

Where In The World Are You?
I'm in Plattsburgh, NY, USA. About 30 minutes from the Canadian border. Can walk to Lake Champlain in about 5 minutes from my house. I used to live near Albany, NY but moved out of my parents house because at the time I was 20 and needed to not live with them anymore.

What do you do?
Right now I'm working for a company called Fujitsu making U-Scan machines, which basically translates to, I'm making self checkout machines for grocery stores. Not the best job, but it's decent pay and I'm able to do what I need to do. Nice work environment for a warehouse (I've worked quite a few factory/warehouses and this is probably the best)
I'm looking into taking online classes at the academyart.edu for 3d graphics and animation. Having a tough time figuring out the route I want to take with school. If anyones done the online schooling at academy of art institute let me know how it works. I don't want to have to travel across the country to go to school. I have to much here that I can't leave behind.

How old are you now, how long ago did you start using maya
I'm going to be 24 on June 8th. I started using maya in October of '06 randomly messing around with stuff in it to get a feel for it, then around end of november, or december I decided to start taking it more seriously and been doing a few tutorials here and there but trying to create my own models with the tutorials instructions.

What got you into maya/3d graphics?
Believe it or not I was on wikipedia looking at South Park, or one of the creaters pages on there and saw that they used maya on South Park and it got me wondering what it was like. And then I found out other movies that used maya and that started hooking me right there. My mom has always tried pushing me to go into computer graphics and I always did the opposite of what she told me until I came to my sences and realized my mom and the magnet on my moms fridge is right, it says "House Rules: #1 Mom is always right. #2 If Mom is wrong, see rule number 1"

Besides 3d and computers what else do you enjoy?
When I'm not at my computer (which unfortunately isn't that often) I like to play guitar, and put songs together, using my guitar as a bass and using fruity loops to make drum beats with drum samples I've got. I've always wanted to be in a band but no one (in my area) is into the same type of music and experimentation I'm into.
I also like to just hang out with friends, go to the bar, and the other typical things you'd expect from a 24 year old living in a college town.
Hiking, fishing, bike riding, walking my dog, RELAXING, yes relaxing is the one of my favorite things to do.

Your favorite type of music
I always like to ask this because music has always been a huge thing in my life. I grew up listening to the hippie music my parents lisened to, Pink Floyd, the Doors, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix.... I also am a huge fan of the early '90's grundge (I'll be the first to admit I still live as if it's still the early '90's, flannel shirt, ripped jeans, long hair... you know, the typical grundge look). Favorite bands of that time are Nirvana (if you saw me you wouldn't have to be told that), STP, Alice In Chains, The Melvins.... I am also a big fan of Prog. Rock, Porcupine Tree, King Crimson, Camel... Some metal, Opeth, Isis, Mastadon.... blues and jazz are big parts of my music collection to. Leadbelly, Bill Frisell, Nick Drake.... I could name bands that I like for days and days, but I'll leave it at this. I don't listen to much modern music it all seems to dissapoint me quite a bit. If I do listen to something modern it most likely doesn't get airplay on local radio stations or on tv.

Alright now your turn to answer these questions. Don't be shy answer 'em with full answers!

Joopson 20-05-2007 04:27 AM

im in Ipswich, Massachusetts.

What do you do?
i go to school :-\

i am 15, i started when i was 13 or 14

i was learning flash, and i heard of maya so i downloaded ple 6! i loved it, so i continued

i love playing the flute, and i love survival things.

i REALLY love the band Jethro Tull, they are so good!

Rhetoric Camel 20-05-2007 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Joopson

i REALLY love the band Jethro Tull, they are sooooo good! [/B]
I'm a huge fan of Jethro Tull, and even Ian Andersons solo stuff. I saw them live in 2003 in Mass. Heres from a Jethro Tull Tour guide

Aug. 12, 2003 Tanglewood Lenox, Ma. USA
The first Tull concert to include an orchestra, the Tanglewood Festival Orchestra (not the Boston Symphony Orchestra).
Jon's birthday
Aqua-Intro¹, Living In The Past¹, Some Day The Sun Won't Shine¹, Beside Myself¹, Pavane¹, Thick As A Brick, Elegy, In The Grip Of Stronger Stuff, Dot Com, Greensleeved, Bourée - [Interval] - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen¹, Fat Man¹, Eurology¹, Too Old To Rock'N'Roll..., Aqualung (inst.)/Aquadiddley, My God, Budapest, Mayhem Jig¹/Locomotive Breath¹/Cheerio (inst.)
¹: Just Tull
All others: Tull + orchestra.

Me and my friends traveled about 6 hours and got lost on our way there, didn't have tickets because the show didn't sell out and we were going to pick them up there. we were late, got there for the second half, they didn't have tickets for sale anymore. The girls we were with asked the security nicely to let us in and told them our 6 hour journey and they let us in. Instead of paying the $40 at the door for a ticket I spent $40 (which is kind of a lot if you ask me) on a tour T-Shirt, for memory. I wear it a lot.

Glad to see another Jethro Tull fan, I've contemplated buying a flute and learning it because of that band.

Joopson 20-05-2007 07:11 AM

yeah, i like his solo work too... i went to see him last year :attn:

anyway, its nice to see another Tull fan too ^_^

thats why i bought a flute last may :attn:

Perfecto 20-05-2007 11:28 AM

I'm in Tennessee

What do you do?
I'm an Air Quality Technicial. Basically I build computer equipment that monitors pollution going into our atmosphere.

I'm 37 and I started March of this year.

Mostly a recent interest in animated movies.

Songwriting, watching animated movies, spending time with family and serving God. Also recently started drawing.

Contemporary Christian, but will listen to just about anything as long as lyrics are clean. (I grew up listening to hard rock and heavy metal).

Weyu 20-05-2007 12:03 PM

-I am in Stockholm that is located in Sweden.

What do you do?

-I am studying my last semester in my 12th class and soon I'm going to be an unemployed person. :) But after a year I plan to go back to studying, either 3d graphics or economics.

-I am 18 years old and I started using Maya for almost exactly one year ago.

-Painting warhammer or playing monopoly with my friends, I also enjoys quiet taverns.(Indeed we are a weird group)

Well I'm really fond of folkmusic and rock.

20-05-2007 05:23 PM

Oh man, I wanted to start a topic like this! :(

I live in Plano, Illinois. I live in a fairly new subdivision (Which means they have tons single family homes, duplexes, and townhomes in one gigantic area) in a duplex, although my neighbor is home 1-2 days out of the week. If you‘ve ever been around the area where I live (Around the Aurora area), you know that houses are expensive.

What do you do?
I‘m homeschooled and in 10th grade. :attn:

How old are you now, how long ago did you start using maya?
IÕm 14 years old (Yeah, you‘re probably thinking how I‘m 14 and in 10th grade, let‘s just say that I‘m a genius ;) ). I started using Maya around June last year and took some Lynda training for Maya. I started really getting into Maya around December ‘06. Am I the youngest one here? :confused:

I went to a Macworld (Boston) when I was around 10 and they were showing off this product called Animation: Master. I tried to get my dad to buy it for me, but he wouldn‘t. I then started using Flash for animating 2D stuff when I was about 12. I thought that I wanted to do 2D animating for a living, but when I was 13 I found a site (Gamedegree.com) and looked under Game Design (If you go to their website now, check under Game Art and Animation for the same thing that I was looking at), since I want to make video games, and it said there were courses for 3D stuff for 2 things, Maya and Max. I looked at them both and eventually got Maya (Since Max doesn‘t work on Macs).

Football, soccer, video games (Those aren‘t computers are they?), hanging out with my friends, reading, etc.

Your favorite type of music?
I usually only listen to classical and video game music. I hate heavy metal and black people music (Rap). I might listen to rock once in a while.

This is more fun than I thought! We need to put more questions up! :attn:

Perfecto 20-05-2007 06:39 PM

I had forgotten that the young can be so talented. I'm really glad you guys are starting out so early in life and really hope none of you give it up because you've really demonstrated your abilities on this site. I'm sure there will come times when you feel like you're not getting any better and times when you somewhat loose interest, yada, yada, yada. You're building a future here and so I'm sure that if you all stick with it, you're going to do really big things with 3d and I look forward to it. I wish you all the best of luck.

It's nice to know a little about everyone :)

Rhetoric Camel 21-05-2007 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Weyu
[B]Where In The World Are You?

-I am in Stockholm that is located in Sweden.

my favorite death metal band is from there i believe, Opeth

Quote:

Originally posted by Jr.Who
Oh man, I wanted to start a topic like this! :(

i was going to start it when i first signed up but wanted to wait a little bit to see if people were chatty enough from here

Quote:

Originally posted by Perfecto

It's nice to know a little about everyone :)
exactly, i like to know the real person behind the screen name, even if its just a little its enough

daffas 22-05-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

I live in Wisconsin.

Quote:

What do you do?
I am currently in a 2 year college. (Wishing that I could be learning 3d instead of the general subjects.)

Quote:

and
Quote:

I am 18, im not sure when i started maya, i found out about it when i was like 12 or something and never really did anything with it. I started out on Blender 3D. (Very confusing) im not to active in creating stuff in maya, probly because i have no one around me in person to help me get a better feel for it. Its hard for me to find inspiration to complete a project.

Quote:

Snowboarding, bowling, golf, fishing, drawing. And other stuff i cant think of.

Quote:

Led Zepplin, ACDC, Queen, Aerosmith, Beatles any of the classics. from that era.

29-05-2007 08:05 PM

IÕm guessing everyone else is too shy?

HereÕs another question:

WhatÕs your real name?
Steven Palmesano

Rhetoric Camel 29-05-2007 09:30 PM

yeah I was hoping more people would get involved in this

whats your real name?
Michael Rector (Rhetoric Camel), get it? hehe

xmikx 30-05-2007 02:28 PM

I'm living in Stuttgart, Germany. I'm Italian, as my familys origin is Italy :)

What do you do?
Right now, i'm working in a Distribution and sometimes i work in a Bar. In September i'm going back to school again, where i start to study Grafical Design.

I'm 24 now. I use Maya about 6Months. But i had 3d Max before. As i'm now completly on Macintosh (thank you god for the mac :P ) i switched to Maya.

A Friend of mine, gave me once a CD with some Applications. There was an Application, which i didn't knew. It was 3D Max 3.5. I installed it, and tried to get something to work , but it didn't work out. So i de-installed it (guess i was about 13-14 years back then)
In a conversation with another Friend he told me, that he needed some sort of CAD/3D Stuff made. He asked if i know anyone who could do this. So i said i can "maybe" so we sat together and worked it out. Since then i did sometimes 3D Stuff, just for myself. Now i switched to Maya, then i finaly got totaly addicted :)

I'm playing Drums and Guitar, i ride my Skateboard and just hang out with my Friends.

Uh. Well Big thing for me. Anytime, Anywhere! I love music.
Mostly i hear Metal, Hardcore and Alternative/Punk stuff.
Otherwise i hear Stuff like Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash and Ben Harper.

Top 3 Bands:
As i Lay Dying
Johnny Cash
+44

Hello there :attn: :beer:

SilverBlood 30-05-2007 09:45 PM

I'm living in Den Dolder, it's a small place in the netherlands.

What do you do?
I work for an IT company that hires out people for IT supportdesks, so i sit at a desk and help people with IT-related problems. ( if anyone needs technical help for windows, let me know)

I'm 20 years old now, and i think i started using maya about half a year ago, the only problem is that i'm the only one in my neighbourhood that likes these kinds of things, so it's hard for me to start a project and finish it.

Well, that's kinda an easy question for me, it's games. i've played almost every game there is since i was about 10 years old, and tho i'm not huge on graphics, it's still something i enjoy.

I play a lot of video games, but besides that i play soccer 4 hours a week, do aikido around 3 hours a week, play music on my keyboard and i love to play poker with a couple of friends.

This is a harder question for me, since it really depends on my mood, i usually listen to punkrock, but when i want to hear some good music then i listen to the oldies like queen.

Top 3 Bands:
Linkin Park
Relient K ( unknown to most but really good music)
Queen

David Koetsier

papalatistudios 31-05-2007 10:51 AM

[B]Where In The World Are You?
Cincinnati, OH USA

What do you do?
Right now, I work at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in the Information Services Dept. Mainly I work on computers.

I'm 27 years old. I have been using Maya off and on for about 4 years. I also work with Zbrush.

Jurassic Park - I was studying to become a paleontologist, until I saw Jurassic Park, then I said whats the point. So I said instead of studying dinosaurs, I will make them. Then Toy Story sealed the deal, and I have loved Pixar ever since.

Video games, basketball, dancing, girls.

Everything except country. Right now Im listening to Linkin Park, Maroon 5, Angela Aki, and the soundtrack to Final Fantasy XII.

marlonjohn 01-06-2007 07:58 AM

Im currently living in Melbourne, Australia

What do you do?
Go to school like joopson :p

Just turned 16, started Maya couple weeks after my 15th birthday

Surprisingly one of my dads friend. He stayed over one night since he was moving around a lot all over the world and showed me some of his work... he was a modeler and animator

Any type of competition such as chess, computer gaming and sports such as basketball or soccer(football), you name it

Anything which has a beat to it such as rock, classical, techno

kinddoggofwar 02-06-2007 03:11 PM

South jersey, it really sucks
What do you do?
Getting done my freshman year (thank god) and studying for finals.
14, started maya about 3 months ago.
Always had an interested in game design, saw that UT2004 needed maya to make mods, got maya and animation caught my eye more once i got it.
Hockey, Aggressive skating, Tennis, Volleyball, and the occasional video game.
Your favorite type of music.
Classic rock/soft rock, Ive got odd taste for my age(ive been told hundreds of times) John denver, ELO, Enya, Jim Croce, All-american rejects, Queen, Ect.

Weyu 02-06-2007 08:55 PM

Aww blast it, so many young people, I feel old in comparison. :)

Some Guy 02-06-2007 10:40 PM

Where In the world are you?
I'm in a town called Torqay on the south coast of Australia.

What do you do?
Work at Maccas.... do stuff...

How long ago did you start using MAYA?
I started on MAYA about two - two and a half years ago. Before that i was using 3ds for about a year.

What got you into 3d
A simple little program called 'Simply 3D'. It was mainly meant for logo's and screen savers and crap but i managed to make some half decent animations with it. I was always into drawing but i found 3d easier.

Besides 3d and computers what else do you like?
Art, music (I cant play though). Building stuff and fire (I am a bit of a pyro)

Favorite type of music?
Mostly older stuff. Lou Reed, Velvet underground, rolling stones, Smashing Pumpkins. Weird Al Yancovic is also in my collection.

Rhetoric Camel 03-06-2007 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Some Guy
Favorite type of music?
Mostly older stuff. Lou Reed, Velvet underground... [/B]
I love Velvet Underground, Lou Reed rocks

Some Guy 03-06-2007 02:59 PM

Everyone i know has never heard of them.

marlonjohn 03-06-2007 03:07 PM

yeah like me havnt heard of em before :p

someguy, is torqay also known as torquay? such as the #1 beach imo ...

Some Guy 03-06-2007 05:24 PM

Yeah, thats it. I just forgot how to spell it Stupid cause i've been here for six years and its below my avatar :headbang:

marlonjohn 03-06-2007 05:31 PM

haha thoughso, i come over there couple times a year for the waves, #1 beach imo

danotronXX 06-06-2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel

Believe it or not I was on wikipedia looking at South Park, or one of the creaters pages on there and saw that they used maya on South Park and it got me wondering what it was like.

My mom has always tried pushing me to go into computer graphics and I always did the opposite of what she told me until I came to my sences and realized my mom and the magnet on my moms fridge is right, it says "House Rules: #1 Mom is always right. #2 If Mom is wrong, see rule number 1"

haha yea interesting comments.
I keep getting confused how I keep hearing they use maya for southpark. I never get how that works out lol its not 3d or anything why cant they just use flash or somthing.

It's interesting your mom pushed you for the pc graphix my mom is kinda doing the same thing too.

-------------------------

born and lived in France to I was 10 and now live at East coast of Cleveland Ohio

What do you do?
Go to college at CSU for a mechanical engineering degree. I want to design tomorrow's Ferrari's or excavators.

I am 20 and I started late summer of 05 which was about 2 years ago. I thought that by this time I'd be a lot better at maya than I am now but I guess learning it by yourself takes a lot longer to really get good.

CAD class in high school had an assignment to choose any production software out there and learn it well. good buddy of mine brought up maya and I got drilling on that right there.

soccer, tennis, dancing, swimming, girls, lifting iron, animals, nature...etc.
I also like working on physical projects like build go-karts or electronics. When I get older I want to build a private gyrocopter and fly it off the cleveland area. that would be the coolest thing I would ever do in life lol.

my particular ones are merengue, disco, and techno/dance. which i don't think i've met somebody yet that does also lol but hey it's all good.

mtmckinley 06-06-2007 01:53 AM

The Great Northwest USA, up in Oregon at the moment.

What do you do?

I'm an artist at a video game studio.

I'm 26. I started in 2000, so must have been around 20.

The movie Jurassic Park got me into 3D graphics, and then it was the video game Riven. I loved the visuals of that game. Still think the art in that game is pretty phenomenal. I got into Maya simply because it was the application I was first taught in art school. :)

Hanging out with my fiance', watching movies/tv, reading, bowling, working out, cooking...

I'm from the south, so I am a fan of most country music. I tend to like a little bit of everything, though.

THX1138 06-06-2007 04:20 AM

The Great Plains States USA, down in Oklahoma

What do you do?

I'm a full time theater projectionist

I'm 33, and just started using maya about 5 years ago.

Starwars fanfilm making, but never actually made one. Sill planning to one day.

Home theater and occasionally 2d drawing with pencil and paper or photoshop.

1980's rock, but not so much the hard rock of the time.

arran 07-06-2007 12:18 AM

Brooklyn, New York. originally from London.

What do you do?

Actually, I'm not allowed to say - mysterious, i know, but my job is actually very mundane. I do get to look at secret documents though, which is kind of fun.

Too old to say i'm afraid. Started using maya seriously at the start of '06.

My girlfriend took a part time course in maya - we bought the program and a new computer and i finally stopped painting and started 3d.

Playing video games, listening to music, watching films, cultivating my vices and picking up shit from my 3 cats and 2 dogs (er.. actually i don't really enjoy that last one)

er… pretty much anything – alternative, electronic, dance, techno, punk, jazz, idm…anything with a beat and some knickers. At the moment I’m listening to justice, the knife, AFX, autechre, the field, kompakt records and the dulcet tones of my good self while sitting on the bog. Oh yeah and the velvet underground are THE band. and the pixies are the band after them!

07-06-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by arran
What do you do?

Actually, I'm not allowed to say - mysterious, i know, but my job is actually very mundane. I do get to look at secret documents though, which is kind of fun.

So youÕre really a spy from London, I knew it!
*calls the cops*
:ninja:

Some Guy 07-06-2007 02:00 AM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by arran
What do you do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats just your cover story its really more like fast cars with rockets, girls from all over the world, guns... more girls with guns... How can you call that mundane?

arran 07-06-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Some Guy
quote:
Thats just your cover story its really more like fast cars with rockets, girls from all over the world, guns... more girls with guns... How can you call that mundane?

ha ha ha ha :D i wish...

marlonjohn 07-06-2007 06:45 PM

you know its true arran :p lol

kbrown 08-06-2007 12:34 AM

Re: Tell Us About Yourself

In London UK at the moment.

What do you do?
Currently employed at Double Negative as an effects TD.

I'm 34. Started 3D around 1995 with Real 3D, quickly switching to 3D Studio Max and finally Maya around 2001/2002.

I've always loved watching visual effects and been interested in how they're done. When I went to Uni to study electrical automation I saw some 3D renderings done by some architectual students. I couldn't believe that you could do that stuff on your home computer back then so I just had to try it myself too. And that was with a Pentium 75MHz and time before any 3D acceleration gfx cards :)

Watching movies. Playing guitar and the keyboards. Resting and relaxing by doing absolutely nothing :)

There are several favorites for me. If I have to name one I guess it would be 70's ... 90's hard rock and/or heavy...

jsprogg 08-06-2007 12:56 AM

Lithuania although I am from the UK.

What do you do?
As little as possible, but i am a qualified Electrical Controls Engineer.

I'm 45. Started 3D about 2 years ago .

I've always enjoyed SciFi visual effects and was really interested in how they were created so looked into it and come up with the name Maya occuring quite often so decided to give it go and fell in love with it.
I always wanted to make a movie short and Maya seemed like a way to make it possible.

Watching movies, Playing video games and I also sing in a band.

For me there are only two types of music and thats good music and bad music, so I have a very ecclectic taste and a very large music collection.

SiavashTheOne 15-06-2007 01:50 AM

Re: Tell Us About Yourself

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
[B]Tell us about yourself

First I must thank the thread starter, Rhetoric Camel.
You've made a great decision. It's good to know about people; maybe this thread be start of a great work, great company, great...

I live in Gonbad, Iran.

What do you do?
I'm a student

I'm 17 and since 2 years ago I've been working with Maya, but not as a professional.

mmm... The Lord of the Rings movie!
I really enjoy watching movies having lots of visual effects, like The Matrix: Reloaded, Spider man, etc.
I'm going to make a short movie (just about 7 or 8 min) this summer. I hope I can do something in Maya. But a little problem is that I need a REAL camera! I mean something in HD quality! And as I don't own one, I don't know what I'm going to make my film with! Maybe with a lower quality cam...

Actually I'm Studying for university entrance exam that I have to take it 2 weeks later. And this takes most of my time. I love watching movies, playing computer games and reading books about physics.

I like Rock, Techno and HipHop.I also listen to Iranian music. My favourite groups (that you guys know! others are Iranian and maybe you don't know them) are: Metallica, Green day, 50 cent, snoop dogg. Also I like Michael Jackson's songs(I have nothing to do with himself, only his songs!)

And now let's add some more to this questions:

What's your favourite computer game?
Mine are GTA:VC and SA, NFS series particularly Underground 2, Resident Evil 2, 3 and 4.

What's you favourite movie?
The Matrix: Reloaded

What do you think of Bill Gates?!!!!
After you!!

Please add any question you think that is suitable.
Oh, My real name... Siavash Ahmadi

Rhetoric Camel 15-06-2007 02:12 AM

Re: Re: Tell Us About Yourself

Quote:

Originally posted by SiavashTheOne
I like Rock, Techno and HipHop.I also listen to Iranian music. My favourite groups (that you guys know! others are Iranian and maybe you don't know them) are: Metallica, Green day, 50 cent, snoop dogg. Also I like Michael Jackson's songs(I have nothing to do with himself, only his songs!)

And now let's add some more to this questions:

What's your favourite computer game?
Mine are GTA:VC and SA, NFS series particularly Underground 2, Resident Evil 2, 3 and 4.

The Matrix: Reloaded

After you!!

Please add any question you think that is suitable.
Oh, My real name... Siavash Ahmadi [/B]
Please do post some Iranian bands, I'm always up to check out new musicians (if I can find them). Like I posted, I like everything so list a few of your favorite iranian bands.

Favorite Computer Game?
GTA, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy (the few I've played), and almost any fighting game.

Favorite Movie
Although it has nothing involving 3d and special effects, Clockwork Orange

What do you think of Bill Gates
Not a fan but I do run Microsoft

15-06-2007 06:44 AM

Re: Re: Tell Us About Yourself

What's your favorite video game?

I have way too many! Some of my favorites are the Zelda and Mario games. If I had to pick a favorite I'd have to go with Warcraft II. Although, the list just goes on and onÉÉ

What's you favorite movie?

This is a tough one, but I'm gonna have to say X-Men 3: The Last Stand.

Ever heard of the song White and Nerdy?

É

:lmao:

marlonjohn 15-06-2007 09:53 AM

Re: Re: Re: Tell Us About Yourself

What's your favorite video game?
HalfLife2 and soon will be UT2007 when that comes out ;)

What's you favorite movie?
Anything which is done by Pixar or things like shrek :p

Pretty cool man ... watch "pirates of the silicon valley", very good movie about how everything started, bill gates and steve jobs going at it before they came famous :)

SiavashTheOne 15-06-2007 11:55 AM

Re: Re: Re: Tell Us About Yourself

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
[B]Please do post some Iranian bands, I'm always up to check out new musicians (if I can find them). Like I posted, I like everything so list a few of your favorite iranian bands.

Some of them in Rap: Deev(meaning Devil or Demon) this band makes songs about politic issues in Iran, Hichkas(meaning No-one), Zed-Bazi(I don't know it's meaning even in persian! maybe Zed is originally Zeyd and means Gal, and I do know that Bazi is Play(ing))
I'll list more in other genres later

shmey2 30-09-2007 05:00 AM

North Shore, Massachusetts

What do you do?
I'm a design engineer for a think tank.

I'm 22 years old and I started using Maya in April of this year.

Star Wars definitely got me hooked into 3d, visual effects, etc.

Besides 3d and computers, I can usually be found at the gym or playing some sort of sport.

Mostly hard rock and or techno/house/dance

Well besides the Star Wars Saga I would have to say the Shawshank Redemption.

I guess I don't have an opinion really....however, I'm using windows right now so I guess that counts for something.