Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Afro Samurai (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29696)

NeoStrider 25-04-2008 01:46 PM

yea for those of you who don't know, afro samurai is a short but awesome anime whose main character's voice was dubbed by none other than samuel l. jackson.

jali 25-04-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NeoStrider
yea for those of you who don't know, afro samurai is a short but awesome anime whose main character's voice was dubbed by none other than samuel l. jackson.
you're correct!!!:attn: i hear they're making a second season:eek: ,

p.s will post some updates on sunday

younglion 25-04-2008 08:50 PM

very nice i really liked the afro samurai series, it was such a great show....anyways great looking character you have there is there a poly limit you are aiming for?

jali 26-04-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by younglion
very nice i really liked the afro samurai series, it was such a great show....anyways great looking character you have there is there a poly limit you are aiming for?
hi

thanks for the reply, as for your question i was aiming for a poly limmit of no more the 4000 tris, which i am under by like a hundred tris:attn:

jali 26-04-2008 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
layed out the uv's will start texturing tomorrow;)

jali 04-05-2008 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
update, just used th 3d paint tool to mark out the detail, on afro, just to aid me while i texture:eek:

arran 04-05-2008 01:59 PM

oh wow - very nice jali! :)

one thing though - in the side view - it looks like he's leaning back too much. i can see you're going for a relaxed stance - i think you just need to work on the center weight of the character - maybe try pulling the pelvis and top half of the body forward and give the knee more of a bend.

jali 04-05-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by arran
oh wow - very nice jali! :)

one thing though - in the side view - it looks like he's leaning back too much. i can see you're going for a relaxed stance - i think you just need to work on the center weight of the character - maybe try pulling the pelvis and top half of the body forward and give the knee more of a bend.

Thanks man all these compliments are going to cause my head to swell:eek: about the leaning thing, yeah you're right but that is how he was in the reference pictures, how ever i will take on board what you have stated and make some changes

jali 05-05-2008 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
started texturing, needs alot of work, but at least its a start:p

jali 05-05-2008 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
close up of texture

jali 05-05-2008 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
textured the face looking o.k but needs more work:attn:

06-05-2008 01:08 PM

looking pretty cool man:beer: gj

jali 06-05-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by acid44
looking pretty cool man:beer: gj
thanks man!

but it does need alot of fixing up, as you can tell, will post some upadtes within the next few days

jali 09-05-2008 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
alright worked on the texture some more today, photoshop was acting like a real b!tch for some reason, still need to work on the hair, just added a black lambert to see what it could look like,

jali 10-05-2008 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
alright!!! almost at the finish line now:attn: ,

tweeked the texture some more today finaly did the hair, after alot of trouble, i think the hair came out preety good for my first ever attemt at alpha hair;) , the model stands at 3766 tris, however afater the alpha was applied i notices you could still see the scalp so i may add more hair geo:p