Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Mitsubishi Evolution 8 MR (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31118)

AikoWorld 17-11-2008 01:38 PM

i think a Occlusion render would be much nicer then the current color.

Also with occlusion you can see al the detail, the current render kinda hides it all.

Sicky 17-11-2008 03:03 PM

yeah its a crap render lol dunno how to do em proper tho lol

AikoWorld 17-11-2008 03:13 PM

just plug in a mental ray occlusion node. its in the texture section of the materials of mental ray.

Then tweak the samples standard is 16 always multiply by 2 to test different samples.

And delete all lights, create one directional light tweak that,

Then continue to adding more lights in different directions.

You can also use other light sources. Depends on what you wanna get.

murambi 17-11-2008 08:41 PM

the render is taking away all the hard work that you had done on this ,really poor renders.try checking out tuts for dome based lighting its pretty easy to follow and then we can see your model in all its glory ;)

http://www.3dk.org/tutorial/Maya-Dom...Aziz-Khan.html

Sicky 18-11-2008 05:12 PM

ill be following it
lol ive deceided to make a little scene its probs gonna take me ages im gonna do a 2 fast 2 furious scene obviously the first race didnt involve a evo how ever its still going in there
at the moment tho ive hit a snag.

i cant add any more detail to the rear of the car because something has one wrong with the layers, this is what happend last time and ended up me starting again.

whats happening is objects in that layer when hitting "V" the object does not hide it just de-selects that object,
"T" and "R" both worth fine obiously cause of the ammount of lines n edges in this model its gettin a pain to see where things are. ive tried emptying the layers then reassisgnin but to no evail any ideas would be super dooper n you would be loved forever

Sicky 18-11-2008 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ill be following it
lol ive deceided to make a little scene its probs gonna take me ages im gonna do a 2 fast 2 furious scene obviously the first race didnt involve a evo how ever its still going in there
at the moment tho ive hit a snag.

i cant add any more detail to the rear of the car because something has one wrong with the layers, this is what happend last time and ended up me starting again.

whats happening is objects in that layer when hitting "V" the object does not hide it just de-selects that object,
"T" and "R" both worth fine obiously cause of the ammount of lines n edges in this model its gettin a pain to see where things are. ive tried emptying the layers then reassisgnin but to no evail any ideas would be super dooper n you would be loved forever
ive attached the scene file incase anyone would like ago

murambi 18-11-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

i cant add any more detail to the rear of the car because something has one wrong with the layers, this is what happend last time and ended up me starting again
out of curioisity im assuming you made back ups of your models somewhere...........

oldhippie_tom 18-11-2008 07:56 PM

Sicky, I looked at you scene and saw that all of you car was in the Wheels layer. I took everything out of it and added the different parts to layers you already had. I tried to follow the names of your layers, and they all seem to work fine. Let me know if it works. I hope this helps you!

oldhippie_tom 18-11-2008 08:04 PM

Sicky, I looked at your scene and saw that all of you car was in the Wheels layer. I took everything out of it and added the different parts to layers you already had. I tried to follow the names of your layers, and they all seem to work fine.

I tried posting you file back here, but tells me it is too large. Is there a email I can send it to you?

Also noticed where you copied your car across (like the trunk) need to have some vertices merged.

Sicky 19-11-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Murambi: out of curioisity im assuming you made back ups of your models somewhere
2 right i have 4 backed up to my external after last time im not risking it again .

@tom thanks m8y you can hit me up on msn @ scratch_face@hotmail.com so can anyone if they just want to chat

Sicky 20-11-2008 05:13 AM

thanks ever so much tom for sortin that out for us much appretiated bud

Sicky 20-11-2008 05:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
forgot to add this

oldhippie_tom 20-11-2008 12:48 PM

Sicky, I was glad to help! I am glad it was what you needed. ;-)