Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Frag grenade (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34254)

bullet1968 02-08-2010 03:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
At the back twisted???? there appears to be a chamfer...I didnt notice it before.

50+ FOLDERS mate LOL. No Im doing it for my own collection. I figure there is no need to model everything again and again. So when I do planes..tanks...and eventually humans...I will have a stockpile of weaponry already made. I have to go back and scale them now. I didnt think of that (which suprises me...being a Surveyor!!).

I would imagine it will take me ...awww...50 years to finish! I do a lot of modelling at work so I dont get enough time for fun. I figure its simple stuff...just repetitive..and can be done reasonably quickly. As a noob it will also improve my skills...I hope.

cheers bullet

twisteddragon33 02-08-2010 03:46 AM

Yes i would say thats the area. Looks to me like it almost fits TOO snug to the rest of it, preventing the spoon from flying if the pin is pulled.

I too have a giant list of things i plan to model that seems to be growing much faster than my ability to do them. Although i would love to make an armory the most i have gotten is a table full of mythical ninja like weapons.

And yes if you plan on making them all into a scene you might want to use a set scale, i had a big problem when i went to model 2 cars to make a scene together and i could literally fit my 1st car in the trunk of my second....

bullet1968 02-08-2010 03:58 AM

bahahahahaha LOL oh man Im in tears!!! I did the same thing with my Me-262...made all the dials, knobs etc etc and when I imported...SAME as you...bahahaha I could fit my Me into a flight dial...ooohhh funny.

Yeh I intend to get the armory happening..I have only the frag and 1 arrow type ATM. Time kills me...12 hour days man..dont get much time for fun.

Yeh I see what you mean...I will fix at lunchtime.

cheers bullet

bullet1968 02-08-2010 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
chamfer done...spoon was fine mate.

cheers bullet

twisteddragon33 03-08-2010 02:39 AM

Looks better. I bet the only thing worse that a spoon that flies when you dont want is one that wont when you want it to.

bullet1968 03-08-2010 03:21 AM

I like pineapples on me plate mate....not thrown at me thats for certain!! LOL

twisteddragon33 04-08-2010 12:58 AM

I have been pelted by a pineapple grenade, they are a lot heavier than you would think. I actually have one on the bookcase behind me(its been de-cored so it is no longer live), but i just wanted to comment that the real one i have has somewhat soft edges around the plates.

bullet1968 04-08-2010 01:29 AM

Yeh well I looked at so many pics and they are all so different in small ways....there were literally 10's of different styles. Close enough I reckon??

Edit: I could go back I suppose and cut one section out...smooth it more then duplicate/revolve etc etc

twisteddragon33 04-08-2010 02:50 AM

I would say yours looks close enough. Texture is all you need really.

bullet1968 04-08-2010 03:16 AM

Roger that mate...will get to it one day...LOL