Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Whats the #$%#% point of Facebook and twitter (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34661)

stwert 03-12-2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THX1138 (Post 310847)
Facebook and myspace are now in a relationship.

Fixed.

... who imposed the min reply length? Was that cause of "AWSOME!"?

Chirone 03-12-2010 10:41 AM

you stopped the relationship between facebook and myspace? AWESOME

stwert 03-12-2010 05:49 PM

No, no... I fixed THX1138's statement. To make it funny. Yes.

Jay 03-12-2010 06:14 PM

Actually the fantasy of fancying the art teacher was rife when I was at school too, her name was Miss Toole -christ she was hot!! I also had a thing for my mates mum, she was bloody hot too!! (stiflers mum, stiflers mum) LOL

Jay

Chirone 03-12-2010 10:44 PM

funny you should mention stiflers mum, jay. just saw the second and third movie yesterday night. great fun those movies :D

Joopson 04-12-2010 03:57 AM

Facebook is ideal for keeping in touch with people whom you do not wish to call.

That makes it worth it.

Rhetoric Camel 04-12-2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joopson (Post 310912)
Facebook is ideal for keeping in touch with people whom you do not wish to call.

That makes it worth it.

Code:

_
  ( ((
  \ =\
  __\_ ` -\
 (____)) (  \----          LIKE
 (____))  _ 
 (____))
 (____)) ____/----

Jay 04-12-2010 10:44 AM

LOL I like that.

Keep in touch with those you dont wish to call - so use an an email instead anyway

LOL

Jay

ctbram 04-12-2010 03:32 PM

I personally have not used facebook or twitter. I have a friend that swears by them, well at least twitter. I still have not found either facebook or twitter useful for myself.

I have tried and found the rss feed stuff to have potential as I can watch it in my sidebar and see when new interesting things pop up in the various sections of a sites I like to follow. But for the most part I just check my email for updates on specific threads I am following.

David 06-12-2010 11:30 PM

Well we now have social bookmark icon thingys at the top of threads. Seems a pretty unobtrusive place to put it.

For thous of your that find it useful enjoy.

Funny thing is when i did a google search for simplymaya facebook (yes i lost the page) the other day the first thing that popped up was "Simply Maya User Community - Whats the #$%#% point of Facebook"

Not a great start to my finding work as a facebook marketing consultant I think :D

Dave :)

Chirone 06-12-2010 11:53 PM

proves this thread is more popular than the simply maya facebook page:bounce:

Joopson 07-12-2010 12:05 AM

Well, yes; considering how many people here seem to abhor facebook entirely, haha.

Nilla 07-12-2010 06:04 PM

Just want to say thanks guys, since I put the share button things on forum. This post has been shared on facebook 8 times. No other posts, just this one lol. Jays post on a day at the studio would have been a great thing to share, a very interesting read.

But no, instead my mad rantings get inflicted on the world just what facebook needs another loony on a soapbox :D

Dave :)

--EDIT--

Logged in on the wrong machine lol

Dave

daverave 07-12-2010 06:56 PM

Let me get this right, the only post to be shared on facebook is about facebook???? LOL dave

stwert 07-12-2010 08:18 PM

Haha... NillaDave... I think what facebook needs is a bit more "hey look guys, this site has no point".
Keep up the sharing ;)

Chirone 07-12-2010 08:18 PM

i wonder who's been sharing

bullet1968 07-12-2010 09:24 PM

I share with FB friends...dont think any of them understand 3D art...they are too busy complaing about each other...telling me what they had for lunch...if they have just farted...who is screwing who..Farmville..aaaarrrrrrrrrr jeez I hate those apps...If they put in as much effort into life as they did farmville...they would have better lives LOL.

Wrong machine..sure David...bahahaha:ninja: