Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Tweetytunes - Neil - Is very sick (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35246)

tweetytunes 07-03-2011 02:11 PM

Tweetytunes - Neil - Is very sick

Hi guys
This is Neil`s GF Charlotte and I have some bad news - I think he`s not going to be able to finish the challenge this month as he has been in hospital the last few days after what we thought was a heart attack but it turned out just to be an Anxiety attack. He has been under super amounts of stress and on Thursday night last week his body just could not take it anymore, and he collapsed in front of me. He is going to be fine and is home some point next week, but I am not letting him on a PC for a while.

Many know how hard he works on his 3D but I don`t think any of you know just how much. Since having another job go bust at Christmas (that 4 in a row) he has spent 14 hours a day sat at the computer working his ass off applying for anything he can. As well as that he’s kept the house clean, looked after the dog and cooked every meal for me for when I get home from work. I have never seen anyone work this hard, but yet unemployed. I have noticed the massive amount of weight loss he has gone through the last 3 months but thought he was just dieting or something.

He`s my hero and life has been super hard on him and it’s not fair – Simplymaya is his homepage and normally when I use his PC I just click away but being here at the moment without him I thought I would have a look around. Looking thought this forum I am so surprized to see how much support he has from you guys when it comes to his work and for that I am thankful as most pockets of the internet seem to be crap holes. I am very grateful that he has a group of people who help him with this 3D stuff as I don`t have a clue.

Any way I thought you would like to know as many people have posted in his last thread trying to help him with lights and got no reply and I am sure he will try and say thanks once he is home (Looking at wed morning at the moment)

Charlotte

BabyDuck 07-03-2011 02:22 PM

good luck on your recovery, and take it easy man ...

Gen 07-03-2011 04:12 PM

Wow. Thank goodness it wasn't a heart attack but an anxiety attack is still bad enough. Make sure he doesn't sneak any Maya time in, we'll still be here after he feels better :)

daverave 07-03-2011 04:33 PM

Thanks for letting us know Charlotte I hope he has a speedy recovery...........dave

NitroLiq 07-03-2011 04:40 PM

Neil, here's to a speedy recovery and finding balance between everything. Take a breather (Health should be priority #1).

David 07-03-2011 04:43 PM

Sorry to hear that. Life has a habit of kicking you in the nuts sometimes. Take it easy mate and as Genny said just happy it was not a full blown heart attack.

Get well
Dave

gster123 07-03-2011 05:03 PM

Wow, shocked at that.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Best

Steve

stwert 07-03-2011 05:37 PM

Wishing you a fast recovery, tweety, and definitely take it easy for a while.

honestdom 07-03-2011 05:42 PM

terrible news, hope you have a quick recovery.

07-03-2011 05:53 PM

Hey, hope he's going to be ok, all the best wishes from me, and I'm sure the rest of us here

Some Guy 07-03-2011 08:43 PM

Sometimes life just does its own thing, its good that Tweety has support at home and it is very much appreciated that we got a heads up.

All the best, hope it works out soon

Peace

septopus 07-03-2011 09:20 PM

hope he get well soon. best wishes

Nilla 07-03-2011 09:51 PM

Sorry to hear that, life tends to give you a good kick when you already feel a bit down. All the best to you both and I hope things get better.

Nilla

Jay 07-03-2011 10:05 PM

Tell him to get well asap, I'll try and arrange to meet up with him when Im back home in Kent at some point

cheers
Jay

David 07-03-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 315770)
Tell him to get well asap, I'll try and arrange to meet up with him when Im back home in Kent at some point

cheers
Jay

Or if you ever get any time off mate drag him down here :D for some err medicinal drinking

Dave

daverave 07-03-2011 10:37 PM

medicinal drinking I must tell my doctor that one, keeps telling me I drink to much....LOL.dave

Edit: on a serious note it make me think what some one will do to better in some thing they love, I do think that tweeny will get to were he wants to be it just takes time and a little luck

Dango77 07-03-2011 11:08 PM

Hi Neil,
Really sorry to hear you aren't well, I have been in the same position you're in, I too ended up in hospital with what I thought was a heart attack, and found I had been suffering from panic attacks for several months.
I'd been doing the same thing that it sounds like you had been for quite a while, spending 14-20 hours a day for months on end in front of my Pc.
Although it pains me to do it I am now forcing myself to go out for at least 3 hours a day even if I have nothing to do, just to get my blood flowing and get a change of scenery for a bit. But I have also been lucky enough to get a job where I have to go on long journeys that are miles away from home, but even on the days I dont do that I try to get as many breaks as possible.
I don't know if it's the same thing for you, but I've found exercise really has helped me, and I'm starting to feel better after doing that for a few months.
I hope that even if you don't have the same thing for similar reasons knowing someone else out there is feeling the same way helps, if you ever want to chat I'm on Facebook so you know where to find me.

Get better soon mate, we're all hoping you do.

Chirone 07-03-2011 11:25 PM

I can't say I know what you're going through as I've never been to a hospital other than to see people or had such bad string of events.
It sounds really sad and like everyone else I hope you recover very well.

I hear after a big bad event an equally good event springs up afterwards ;)

keep it up, dude!

THX1138 07-03-2011 11:54 PM

Get well mate and take it easy!

Jay 07-03-2011 11:57 PM

ahh the errrrm 'medicine' ahem, yes I recall it well, LOL, yes it does make one better rather quickly.

Jay

tweetytunes 08-03-2011 01:26 AM

Its charlotte again - my god thank you for the reply`s.

Just printing them off to give to him 2mo - I know it will mean alot to him. Hes up and laughing about - sneaked off to the kids area and stole all the marvel graphic novels to read in bed. Can anyone tell me how to read a priate message on here - it came up as a box but when I clicked ok it came up with error and did not get to read it - now its just showing up in the top corner as unread 1 but cant click it.

Thank you all, sorry for the short reply but it is 1:30 in the morning after a very long weekend.

Charlotte.

Perfecto 08-03-2011 03:19 AM

Hi Charlotte, I'm really sorry about what you all are going through. He's such a superb guy and it's people like him that make this forum such a wonderful place to visit. As far as private messages, up a little closer to the top of the page on the right, you should see "Welcome, Tweety... and under that is a link the Private Messages". Hope that helps.

We will miss him while he's recovering but we are all glad that it turned out to be panic attacks and not anything more serious.

bullet1968 08-03-2011 03:49 AM

Wow...thanks Charlotte...take it easy mate...get some rest and just chill for a while. I have had similar bouts of illness due to my job (or lack of sometimes)...and I have a tendency NOT to relax and it drags out for longer. Trust me dude, just chill and TRY and forget about the world for a little while. You have a top sheila by the sounds of it mate....so you will be fine. Thanks again Charlotte....

cheers bullet

Mayaniac 08-03-2011 09:31 AM

Sorry to hear this, hope he makes a speedy recovery!

gster123 08-03-2011 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I would get you some grapes to cheer you up, unfortunatly I don't think they would survive being posted so did the next best thing. 3D'd some for you

mastone 08-03-2011 06:18 PM

Hi Tweety and Charlotte,

Just limit the 3D stuff a bit you make us feel like a bunch of under achievers and if you die doing 3D I can't try to beat you in a challenge ;)
I am joking of course just get well and try to enjoy doing 3D no employer will be happy with a burnt out employee before you start at a company...they really want to do that to you themselves ( yes a joke again, can't be helped...sorry ;) )

Get well and ask the doctor for a chill pill all the best

gubar 08-03-2011 07:14 PM

Best wishes towards a speedy recovery, and some relaxing time off.

take care,

gubar

tweetytunes 10-03-2011 01:02 AM

Thanks too all

What more can I say but Hello - I`m back, I`m OK and of course Thank you.

I am manly enough to say your comments brought me to tears and it really hits home just how much more this site is than other 3d ones are. They all came as such a shock as I thought my girlfriend had no idea about the site, and when she gave me a print out of the thread she told me she had no idea how much I was respected at simplymaya.com

Finally home with bottles of pills but forever thankful I`m still here. That scared the living shit out of me and I am now more aware of what I have than ever. My girlfriends love I have never taken for granted, but it’s unreal how much I missed the tongue of my dog on my face - and I don`t care how wired that may sound, its true (I love my pup).

My lovely charlotte did get a few things wrong, but yes was and still am under a lot of stress but it’s not the 3D (although will be cutting it down for a while) it’s mostly the lack of a job. And I`m not talking 3D job I mean any job - bar, shop, bowling alley - even Mc D`s turned me down because the UK is messed up right now. I have never really been out of work and to think 2 years ago I had 2 jobs for the most part of year. Getting another 3D job has been my dream now for so long and I did throw myself right into it the last few weeks - that Horde Hunter clocked up a silly amount of hours. Was it worth it - in sort no - even if it had won I spent too long worrying about those silly little wings that I spent very little time with my girlfriend the last few weeks – something I`ll never do again - ever.

But I also did too much everyday - up 7/8 am when the misses went to work – going to bed at 3 am, doing all the house work and cooking because I felt like a bum - walking the dog 2 hours a day was great for her but was tiring me out but I just kept going. I was also running a lot trying to lose weight, which I thought was working - turns out it was the stress. It’s not hard to see the problem here - There was no down time - something I used to always remember but as of late something I put to the side.

Going to catch up on a full sky hd box full of films I have not had the time to watch, Going to Wales this weekend to see my family - they worried way too much, so I`ll pay them a visit, and the girlfriend just got me all 22 volumes of the ultiumate spiderman graphic novels to read in bed - she knows me too well. So soon I`ll spend a little time on the PC working on personal small projects - as 3d was one way I used to relax - thinking the nightcrawler zbrush project will be the one for now, no time limits on that one. Out of the challenge this month but many, many thx to all who posted in the thread about the different ways of lighting it, will read through it and try some of them at some point.

I know how lucky I am right now. Thanks for all the get well soon`s, offers for drinks (but I can’t due to the drugs), the grapes (cracked me right up) and support you showed my girlfriend - who wishes she knew 3D so she could spend more time here now. Thanks also to all the mods as well - so rare that so many got in touch - no other site would do that.

Sleep is calling and I somehow have to move this lump of a dog of the bed (not left my side all night bless her). And don`t worry I know rest, rest and more rest is needed and that’s all I am planning to do right now.

Many Thanks - A very lucky and hummble Tweety

bullet1968 10-03-2011 01:12 AM

Good to see you back into it sport.....take that rest mate.

cheers bullet

stwert 10-03-2011 01:58 AM

Good to see you back Tweety... but I hope to see you here less often in the near future. Haha, joking kinda, but you know I mean that you should take it easy and not work yourself so hard for a bit. A job will come; it's a pain in so many ways not having one, but you've obviously got a great work ethic and plenty of motivation and enthusiasm, and that will pay off for you in the long run. But as you alluded to, balance is key... treasure your loved ones :)

Kurt 10-03-2011 04:34 AM

Good to see you mate..

You are right how certain events in are life really do change how we see things, and that are love ones and family become so much more important. All I can say from my own experience is work hard and learn as much as you can but always make sure you set aside time for you and your family first.

Like a lot of have said finding the right balance between working/learning in our 3D field is truly a feat in its self, as this industry is changing so fast all the time, trying to keep on top of the learning curve is a big undertaking. I used to burn the candle at both ends for many years and it did catch up to me, both physically and mentally.

I know what your talking about as far as looking for any job right now, my wife has been in the ER 3 times with her heart and finding time to take care of her and find enough freelance work so I can stay home and make sure she is OK has been really hard and the normal get your through the rough time jobs are not hiring.

Keep your head up

Kurt

murambi 10-03-2011 06:30 AM

Hey my man hope you feel better soon life is like that so take it easy........

daverave 10-03-2011 08:33 AM

Good to see you on the mend...............dave

honestdom 10-03-2011 10:55 AM

rest rest and more rest... some people have all the luck.

Chirone 10-03-2011 08:21 PM

welcome back Neil!
hope you find a job to settle you!

mastone 10-03-2011 09:05 PM

Hi Tweety,

Welcome back
Didn't know the UK was that crappy at the moment, especially when I look at the vacancies of UK based CG companies:
http://www.cinesite.com/jobs/available
http://www.moving-picture.com/index....cruitment.html
http://www.dneg.com/jobs/

I know these are the high end companies, but if I look at the double negative ( or dneg as they want to call themselves nowadays ;) )there are some runner positions ( crappy jobs I know, but at least you have the proverbial foot in the door )

Gen 10-03-2011 09:05 PM

Tweets back :wavespin: That's good news. BUT now you gotta take it easyyy..or else =.=

gster123 11-03-2011 10:58 AM

Good to see you back mate! Hope everything goes well for ya.