Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   April Challenge_Lo PolyCharacter_CGWolfgang (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35431)

CGWolfgang 09-04-2011 10:05 PM

I turned on smooth preview for the renders Chirone. Even though its supposed to be low poly I like looking at it as if its smoothed out.

CGWolfgang 11-04-2011 04:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another update to show the work I put in over the weekend. The good news is that I'm right on schedule with how long I'd thought it would take to get this far. Who knows I might actually Finish this challenge!;)

Also the back has been left open because he's going to be getting a backpack towards the end of the modeling process.

bullet1968 11-04-2011 05:26 AM

That looks bloody good mate!!! keep it up!

cheers bullet

tweetytunes 11-04-2011 09:51 AM

very cool - looks a like someone from Zelda land, but very nice modeling. Would be nice to see some wires

CGWolfgang 12-04-2011 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks again for the compliments guys! Tweety here is a wireframe of the zelda-like robo guy :) You know looking back at it the game was very zelda like only with turn based combat so it works! Anyway back to work!

bullet1968 12-04-2011 07:41 AM

Thats nice and neat wiring mate..well done

cheers bullet

murambi 12-04-2011 11:11 AM

Reminds me of optimus prime

tweetytunes 12-04-2011 11:14 AM

That`s right - could not pin it down what it looked like before - but yer the face does alittle. Still a kick ass model though - loving the armor

CGWolfgang 13-04-2011 05:18 AM

Thats cool that you guys pegged Optimus Prime. His face (the toon version) was what inspired me to do the lower half of the face. I figured I could squeeze out a few less polys that way and keep it simple. I find I tend to try to do too much and get bogged down in the details.

On a slightly different note your comments got me brain storming in the wrong direction. But let me share my randomness... a what if comic of Transformers in the Roman Era... :D

s2-speedy 13-04-2011 07:55 AM

Yeah it does look like there is a bit of optimus inspiration there :) I like it.

Chirone 13-04-2011 08:08 AM

i think you need to make something that transforms then :)

CGWolfgang 15-04-2011 07:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Chirone don't give me ideas that will derail me from actually finishing! I might actually try that then get so sidetracked I'd never finish :)

I haven't had much sucess with my first few attempts at arms. But I finally got something workable that I'm happy with. So hopefully I can finish the forearm and hands by tomorrow/Saturday and get started on the legs.

murambi 15-04-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Chirone don't give me ideas that will derail me from actually finishing! I might actually try that then get so sidetracked I'd never finish
Nah she's just trying to take out the competion :P i like how its coming along

Gen 15-04-2011 06:03 PM

Looking good. Planning on texturing this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by murambi
Nah she's just trying to take out the competion :P i like how its coming along

I always thought Chirone was male...>.>

CGWolfgang 16-04-2011 04:50 AM

Oh Definitely GecT. While I might not get to that part for the competition I think I want to move it to the WIP section for texturing and lighting and a final render after its all said and done.