Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #1 - Pony VS -<{ JB }>- (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5219)

-<{ JB }>- 21-04-2003 04:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by M
Oh, and btw.. looking great JB!! Man, that model is awesome.. just i think it needs some fine tuning and also... why dont you do a poly soften? (Edit Polygons>Normals>soft/hard>Option box> all soft>enter) :D.. it will smooth out those hard poly edges without moving a single vert ;).
Thanx for the compliments M. I know about the poly smooth :) - I just work in low-poly to begin with because there aren't as many verts you have to worry about. I smooth it every now and then to see what it looks like then I undo it. I also only work on 1 half - the other half is just an instanced copy ;) .

Anyway, the fine-tuning is coming along quite well i feel. I've added the apperance of some neck tendons and some skin folds - there is still quite a bit more to come. Here's an update (smoothed).

-<{ JB }>- 21-04-2003 04:03 AM

whoops... the top image in that pic is from the wrong side - the side with no eyelid!!

M 21-04-2003 04:29 AM

lookin good jb! Just i didnt mean poly smooth.. i meant soft the polys. So... (Edit Polygons>Normals>soft/hard>Option box> all soft>enter) :), hope that helps, just try it ou ;).

-<{ JB }>- 21-04-2003 04:36 AM

Oh right - softening the normals... I must have misread it. I have tried that but it does not have the same quality to it.

Vectorman 21-04-2003 05:10 AM

Its just so it looks nice in low poly mode. And if you were going to keep it low poly, its essential. Looking good JB. Is his mouth gonna open? I think he would look alot younger/smaller if his eye were much larger. Don't know if its too late for that tho....

Pony awesome man you're sooo fast.

Pony 21-04-2003 07:00 AM

and..

59 minet. 6:53 total.

yes still need to work on the ears and hands.

still not happy with the back of the head. the sholders, arms. and breast.

getting close to time for the hair. still havent desided..

C+C as usual !

I'm still trying to make sure I have that kid look so any idea on that .. I'm all ears..

hair on her will help the looks..

Pony 21-04-2003 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Pony 21-04-2003 07:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
...:p

Pony 21-04-2003 07:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)

-<{ JB }>- 21-04-2003 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vectorman
Its just so it looks nice in low poly mode. And if you were going to keep it low poly, its essential. Looking good JB. Is his mouth gonna open? I think he would look alot younger/smaller if his eye were much larger. Don't know if its too late for that tho....
The reason I'm not smoothing in low poly (I actually set it to 0 degrees smoothing) is so that I can easily see the seperate faces without having the wireframe shown. I don't think I'll make his mouth open (hehehe cheating :D ). But I may still make the eyes bigger as you suggested (thanx :) ).

Pony, that's AWESOME work for the amount of time you've spent!!!

-<{ JB }>- 21-04-2003 01:10 PM

Oh, M, what time (in GMT) is the deadline on Wednesday... Noon, midnight???? Just wanna know how long I have left to work with.

And pony, to me her ears look like they are joined to her head just a bit too much.

Vectorman 21-04-2003 08:48 PM

CooL JB.

Pony, only thing i can see is there seems to be a point on her head in the headshot at the top of this page. Is she a conehead? Jk I'm sure it won't matter with the hair tho.

M 21-04-2003 09:00 PM

Hey, its the same rules as the challenges forum.. until midnight in your own timezone :D. If you are any further behind then -8GMT then let me know, because i will be ending it at midnight my time.. and i am -8GMT :). Few should be before me :).

Pony 21-04-2003 09:08 PM

JB, Vectorman. thanks. yeah the ears still are not tweeked. I have a lot of confidence in them comeing out right so thoughs I was leaving for latter.. the seam on the head. I know just how to take care of it.. and I will even thought there will be hair. It anoys me to. just other things were anoying.

M 21-04-2003 11:39 PM

Just informing you that textures are optional as of a number of PM's asking for this. Time is short, textures will help though. In round 2 textures are no longer optional, but required.

Pony 22-04-2003 03:21 AM

ears

1 Attachment(s)
ears are made.
lots of other little changes.. will see about showing them also..

55 more minets..
7 houres and 47 minet.

Pony 22-04-2003 03:31 AM

and..

1 Attachment(s)
ok so all that is left is the breast, arms and hands. and the hair..

M 22-04-2003 03:41 AM

Psst, massive jugs ;), bonus points ;). Hehehe, j/k. Keep it up man, looking wonderful!

Pony 22-04-2003 03:46 AM

Thanks M.. HAhahahaa I hear ya about the tittys.. but I thought we were going for baby look. I just felt if I put to big O breast there it would make her look to adult to be a fairy or the size she is.. out of criter class.. LOL

aculay I"m finding it harder to get the smaller ones to look right.

M 22-04-2003 03:48 AM

No no, its fine pony.. just the general proportions have to be more broad than a normal character... i say go all out and do something ridiculous! haha, well not quite.. but you can put adult breasts w/ enlargment if you want :). I dont care about that part ;).. hey, do you realise how at this time of night its a few people from this area that go crazy in posts for a few minutes?.. then it dies down?

Pony 22-04-2003 03:54 AM

LOL yeah.. I'v noticed that all us in the tournament tend to be on at the same times also..

were not getting a lot of coments from others on the board though.. like there not aware the tournament is on..

I was thinking when the centar is more finished least with hair of having her with a come hither pose, and vectormans critter in a render, talking shit to each other. and post that in the WIP telling people to come cheak out the tournaments..

Pony 22-04-2003 03:56 AM

or maybe yours in the render.. it could say something like "Lunch !!" mine would be like "in your dreams digi dude"

M 22-04-2003 03:56 AM

:), yea.. we should make a thread and advertise the next tournament a lot more.. this tournament is sweet, seeing i think its cool with this ladder system and whatnot.. just with more people involoved it could be a lot better :).

M 22-04-2003 03:57 AM

LOL, i love that.. hahahahhaa, yea man.. im like... nibble on leg.. wait, i dont have teeth :(.

Pony 22-04-2003 04:00 AM

LOL ahhahahhahaa..I love it.. nibble on leg.. ,, she could like have her nose terned up, eyes roaling.. "Oh please"

or showing him with his mouth right on her back leg..

"would you stop slobering on me !!"

LOL supost be viscious critters and thin they behave like that..

M 22-04-2003 04:03 AM

Hahaha, mmm, spicey :). Well for the next hour i plan to tweak my digimon pony, and then i am going to rig the guy so i can start doing poses :). I think i will do a fun rig for now.. just to see if this guys going to be moving right. Alright, you should rig yours too if you get the time :). BTW, JB where are ya man? Its coming along great.

Pony 22-04-2003 04:06 AM

I'll try that.. have a long way to go.. I know I can make it.. I just have to put in the time..

-<{ JB }>- 22-04-2003 04:49 AM

hmmmm... on that mote about textures I might put off finishing the textures until next round (haven't started them yet). So the deadline is 12:00am Wednesday morning our timezone (+9hrs for me)?

M 22-04-2003 04:57 AM

No no, wednesday night, at midnight jb :).

-<{ JB }>- 22-04-2003 04:59 AM

oh GREAT... wednesday night - that's 24 times better!!!

- and because of my proximity to the date border thingo (GMT +9) mine'll prob be the first complete then! Unless any of you are in New Zeland :p .

Pony 22-04-2003 07:10 AM

and..

1 Attachment(s)
ok 45 more minets, total 7:32

bean watching some movies trying to let my arm relax.. its still hearting from the challenge..

ok.. breast are done .. just the hands and hair now..

and some work on the eyes also.. should not forget that.

Pony 22-04-2003 07:17 AM

and

1 Attachment(s)
yes on the unsmothed there are some poly placement and lay out that is not as pro as I would like.. will see about cleaning it up some in a bit..

Pony 22-04-2003 08:54 AM

and

1 Attachment(s)
Hands.. still tweeking them. but C+C welcom.

Kevin 22-04-2003 08:58 AM

looking good mate, the only bit that stands out as needing urgent attention is that thumb area.. these are the toughest places to get down :(

but you will do it mate

Pony 22-04-2003 09:18 AM

Thanks Kevin, I'm on it.. also I think the belly button is to big.. gerrrrr...

Pony 22-04-2003 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1:04
total 9:39

-<{ JB }>- 22-04-2003 11:01 AM

ATTENTION: final image

1 Attachment(s)
WOO-HOOOOOO!!! I finally feel that I have finished modelling!!! I've given him some temporary colours. Tomorrow I hope to texture him (not sure whether I'll have finished them by the deadline though).

I've just been doing some experimenting for the 3D painting tool... I'd REALLY love to use it, but the PLE puts that stupid watermark across the texture file. So I'll have to map out the UVs, printscreen then make the texture in Paintshop pro and import it.

UPDATE: This is now my FINAL image for entry in this round of the tournament... however, I am still working on UV layout ready for the texturing in round 2 (if I make it ;) ).

Pony 22-04-2003 11:10 AM

and

1 Attachment(s)
15 minutes latter in work..
9:54 total.

I think the hands terned out nice..

Pony 22-04-2003 11:13 AM

Great job JB !!!! he looks really nice.. the texture to is great..
and I don't see anything I could C+C

Pony 22-04-2003 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)