Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #1 - RND2 - Pony VS )v( (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5386)

Vectorman 27-04-2003 05:28 PM

Kay, PM me about the storyboards, when you're ready. Have fun.

EagleKing 27-04-2003 08:00 PM

hehehe.....looks awsome.
looks very realistic.
Digimon is realistic? :P

twisteddragon33 27-04-2003 08:21 PM

the gun looks cool.

What kind of armor are you looking for. I know several types and i could prolly get you a good pic of each. you looking for roman, greek, futuristic, chinese?

M 27-04-2003 08:24 PM

Hey twisted, if you could get me a large image of roman armor probably (ones with lots of plates, and quite bulky).. i would love that! I am already on my way to getting the shoulderpads done, now i just need to learn how to make a circle duplicate along a line :). Thanks eagleking.. if you were talking about my model that is :P. I did spend some time on those renders to give them that toyish look.. it definately isnt too realistic though, as i would need shadows and proper lighting :P

Pony 27-04-2003 10:32 PM

hahahaa... yeah that idea for the little story is the best.. soun as I get lusifer textured hear.. I'll be right on her. will get the things modeled..
Who's going to do the wall with the bullet holes.. and maybe some shrapnal from them ?? smoke trailes for the bullets ? I can do that part maybe if wanted..

There is no rush though, def get in all the work on little digi you want for the contest hear..

Pony 27-04-2003 10:33 PM

BTW I think the images should just be posted hear befor composited. I think it would be nice for people to see them if they wander about them being made.

M 27-04-2003 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pony, we wont even start this until the tournament is done. It will affect our models progress :(. BTW, heres the start of his armor ;).

twisteddragon33 27-04-2003 10:43 PM

looks nice M. I tried to find a nice size image of some armor but i coudlnt find exactly what you were looking for.. i suggest searching www.budkww.com under decoration to get some ideas.

twisteddragon33 27-04-2003 10:47 PM

M, maybe you should have done a nice old style saiya-jin armor:). i get dozens of pics of that. lol. it would look cuter on him too.

Pony 27-04-2003 10:52 PM

M should rent "Gladiator" !! LOL

Staring Digi as Rusel Crow...

twisteddragon33 27-04-2003 10:58 PM

least they could rate it G.

M 27-04-2003 11:24 PM

I own gladiator :D, awesome movie. hahaha. Actually twisted, i think i may do that :), saiyajins rule. We will see how this roman armor comes out. Also, the reason why i dont watch gladiator to find out, is i dont like that exact style.. i like other armors more that are "full plates".. they are incredibly dense armors that would weigh hundreds of pounds in real life :).

twisteddragon33 27-04-2003 11:34 PM

215 pounds for generic roman/greek style armores.... generally. not counting weapons or decerations.

Yeah.. i think siya jin armor would be much easier to model aswell. But add a personal touch and make the colors different. I always thyought the stretch padding as a black and the armor as a deep deep green would look right fancy:)

Besides... i would have made ninja armor...

M 28-04-2003 12:39 AM

I dont care for ninjas :), also.. black and dark green just dont mix bud.. im not so sure about that..maybe a black and an emerald green.... but not on a armor :P. I guess i just dont have a visual of that.

twisteddragon33 28-04-2003 12:54 AM

prolly wont work anyway. but it looks good in my mind.

... of course im color blind.. but nvm.