Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #1 - Finalround - M VS GCastro (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5573)

GCastro 03-05-2003 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a quick idea, I'll probably go with it, but at a different angle.

We'll see

GCastro 03-05-2003 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A quick color version... It's on to modeling from here :)

Enjoy!

EagleKing 03-05-2003 10:09 PM

the sketch r0x0rs... :D
awsome

twisteddragon33 04-05-2003 06:46 AM

what did you use to color that? look slike painter 7?

M 05-05-2003 04:41 AM

Twisted, i would of just expected it was photoshop. Well, anyways.. i wanted to ask GCastro... do you have a tablet? Also, sorry for the slow modelling.. i havent really had any time this weekend to get onto it :(.. I will be starting real soon though for sure!

GCastro 05-05-2003 06:58 AM

Well,
It's Sunday night and I've got nothing to show. :( You'd think weekends would be easy to spend time doing 3d, but seems like more things come up on the weekends.

Anyways, I got some stuff done, but didn't output it, so I'll post it tomorrow after work, 4:00pm or so. PST.

Yes, it was photoshop, 6 actually. M, yes, I used/use a wacom tablet it's the small one, 8x6 i believe. I use my mac for that kind of stuff :)

Can't wait to see what you got M

George

GCastro 05-05-2003 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cool, I was able to render a quick jpeg this morning before coming to work.

This is what I have so far, but I have some questions as to how to do some stuff. I'll upload a diagram in a bit

Disregard the textures on the rocks :) I have yet to adjust them.

GCastro 05-05-2003 06:54 PM

Here's the image again, but with some arrows to where I have questions.

1. Just wondering how to do a sky background in maya? I used use Electric Image and they way I did it there, I used a Hemisphere shape and slapped a cloud texture on it. Anyone know of a free sky/clouds shader out there?

2. How would I go about deforming the ground a bit so it's not soo straight? displacement map?

3. If you refer to my quick sketch, I have a step bridge that I want to add. Is there a way to make one wood panel, attach it to a curve and then duplicate the panel along the curve?

Thanks,
George

GCastro 05-05-2003 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
do'h

Vectorman 05-05-2003 08:22 PM

I like the rock textures dud! just make em 1.5 times the res, is you will be that close, and fix that seam.

mtmckinley 05-05-2003 11:29 PM

1 - That's probably how I'd do it at first.

2 - Sculpt Surface tool might help with that if you've got a lot of geometry.

3 - There is a way, but I think it's faster and easier to just duplicate and curve snap it into place.

Vectorman 06-05-2003 04:18 AM

Oh curve snap sounds better then the lattice, or the nonlinear blend, not sure tho. Did you play around with that george?

twisteddragon33 06-05-2003 12:29 PM

I like the rock textures as soon as the seems fixed. cant wait to see. you guys have one more day right? Havent seen any updates form M in a long while though.

GCastro 06-05-2003 01:53 PM

Hey Vector,
I tried the non-linear bend, but was unsuccessful :\ So I went with the lattice. Not the best way to go I think, but it did the job somewhat.

I'll post an update in a few minutes.

George

M 06-05-2003 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, sorry for the delayed update :(. Well, i have got the basic shapes done of my layout.. now its time to smooth things out, and add a ton of detail.. tonight i will be going around my house taking pictures of tiles and stuff to make this scene :). I MAY switch to a jungle scene tonight.. anyways, basically time is running out and i just havent had any free time for maya :(... hope i can get a ton done tonight... BTW, looking awesome george.