Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   1 On 1 Battles (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   I-Iybrid VS Twisteddragon - Car (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6021)

twisteddragon33 22-06-2003 09:14 PM

oh the rims? err. sorry be back in a sec. i forgot to activate the last layer. thats got the center part of the rim.

twisteddragon33 22-06-2003 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres the ride yo... [/slang]

twisteddragon33 22-06-2003 09:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres another so you can see the back...

Vectorman 22-06-2003 09:55 PM

i still see a rather plain, boring, and very empty/weak hubs/hubcaps/rims

twisteddragon33 22-06-2003 10:05 PM

well.. thanks..

the design had was the same as hybrids and i didnt want to copy.. so i made my own...

i dont think they are that bad..

I-Iybrid 24-06-2003 05:53 PM

FINAL RENDER

1 Attachment(s)
Ok guys, heres my FINAL image. I learned ALOT throughout this battle. I learned a whole bunch about nurbs, and curves. Thnx to Forum_Snowboarder33 for guiding me thru with using the nurbs/curve tools. Thnx for everyone that watched, and criticized our work. :) Oh, and if anyone wants a 1024 size of this image, lemme know. :)

twisteddragon33 24-06-2003 06:41 PM

Final Render*above*

Consider the last mage i submitted as my final

EagleKing 24-06-2003 06:58 PM

looking great and I like the little scene hehe

:P

Vectorman 24-06-2003 07:11 PM

Sorry twisted, i was trying to help you, i'm sorry you had all those LW problems, but thats one of the reasons that i would try to shy away from battlin until you could at least shave that disadvantage off. I'd love to take you one (or brid hehe) when you got maya. It definately turned out better than i thought it would, seeing as how you kept scrapping them!

Great job brid.

twisteddragon33 25-06-2003 02:36 AM

Yeah, i reall think ill do much better when i get maya, i hear its easier to use, has more resources available, and i know people real time who use it so i can get hands on help.

I do think i had a major advances in understanding spline patching though, and i deffinitly had most impressive advance of a model:), but i must admit hybrids model was exceptionally good(i even helped him with the scene and everything), but i even voted for him, so yeah.

I should be getting maya soon though.... real soon i hope.

M 26-06-2003 05:58 PM

Hey twisted, great work so far! And hybrid, that final render and the whole scene altogether is great! Your doing wonderful man! I would try to get that mazda sign on the windshield to be a bit more less blurry, maybe with a 2024 sized texture. Anyways, other than that i really cant give you any advice because thats above my level! Great job :D. Sorry i havent been watchin along the whole ways.. i have been really busy. Really nice job to both of you.

twisteddragon33 26-06-2003 06:39 PM

Thx M, But this battles is pretty much done, im going to concentrate on mini projects until i get maya.

Hybrid, be ready for a Rematch later bud.

M 26-06-2003 11:25 PM

Good idea, i need to start some smaller projects as well. One of my ideas went to hell and back.. but other than that.. everything is ok.. i just need to think of something to model.. or battle Ultragames.. depends.

twisteddragon33 27-06-2003 05:33 AM

M, do you like any mecha animes? Like zoids, gundam, transformers or anything?

You could always practice a model of one of them, or challenge someone to a battle. when i get maya(and test it for a few weeks) i plan on challenging hybrid to a mecha cbattle(the last 2 we did he chose the object).

M 29-06-2003 03:13 PM

That sounds cool twisted.. yea mechs are the shit! When it comes to anime, i did watch gundam for a while.. escaflowne for a while. The anime series that i was hardcore into was DB/DBZ/DBGT. Watched the whole series and own the whole series of DBZ and DBGT.. official tapes :D. Hah, anyways.. para para brothers :D.. woooo.