Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   June Challenge - ckyuk - Noobie (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6082)

ckyuk 02-06-2003 07:15 PM

June Challenge - ckyuk - Noobie

ok, my first challenge (and my 4th model without a tutorial) so i don't expect to win but to use this to help me learn quicker as i will push myself harder and as it's a comp i might even finish something for a change. Don't have any ideas yet though. :rolleyes:

ckyuk 02-06-2003 07:51 PM

I've got two ideas but i don't know if i can do either of them:

1st, when you say "keep it to one specific enviroment" is that a rule or could i make a vehicle that is made to travel across ice but can burrow through into the water below and act like a sub.

2nd, does the vehicle have to be for humans or could it be for cartoon insects like in "A Bugs Life"

I think i like my second idea better.

ckyuk 02-06-2003 08:26 PM

ok i'm hoping i can do the vehicle for insects as i've just started it. I'm currently making a headlight made out of half a nut shell with a caged fire fly in it for light.

ckyuk 02-06-2003 08:31 PM

I've just been looking through the entries and can somebody please be original, everyone seems to be doing drilling vehicles that go undergroud. It's a good idea whoever thought of it first, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to copy it.

jonkelis 02-06-2003 09:18 PM

well exuse me, but i am doing a mauntan climbing vehicle, not a underground diging mashine or smth

ckyuk 02-06-2003 09:53 PM

ok, when i said everyone i ment 3 or 4 (there was only about 7 entries at the time), Sorry

ckyuk 02-06-2003 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The start of the headlight. It'll be a nutshell with a firefly in.

howardporter 03-06-2003 03:27 AM

Great concept! cant wait to see what you come up with.

ckyuk 03-06-2003 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
didn't have time to do a lot today so i just started the fly inside the headlight. i also started the main body of the vehicle but didn't like it so it got scrapped.

jonkelis 04-06-2003 09:01 AM

ckyuk, when you upload our pic's , cut out the white part because it's a waste of download time.
BTW love your idea.

drknow 07-06-2003 03:13 AM

wow. that is cool. great lighting. Gi_joe, i suppose???

ckyuk 07-06-2003 10:59 AM

no, just some three point lighting and a glow effect. I've almost finished the front of the vehicle so i'll post some pictures today or tomorrow.

Vectorman 26-06-2003 02:49 AM

19 days ago you said we could see something, can we see more than just a dang light!?!?!?

mtmckinley 26-06-2003 02:51 AM

subtle, as always, Vector. ;)

ckyuk 26-06-2003 05:59 PM

I know I did, but then I realised just how stupid I’d been to enter and how I was way out of my league trying to compete against people like you and mike. That's before I realized just how hard and beyond my level of skill my idea for a vehicle was.

mtmckinley 26-06-2003 08:14 PM

I've not entered, dude. :)

Besides, you oughta get in there and put ol' Vector to shame. ;)

Seriously, though, the only point of these challenges is for the participants to improve themselves.

[icarus_uk] 27-06-2003 01:30 AM

Seriously, though, the only point of these challenges is for the participants to improve themselves.

I thought the winner got a skimpy leapord skin print thong? Darn, Im not entering again then.

^^TwEeK^^ 27-06-2003 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by [icarus_uk]
I thought the winner got a skimpy leapord skin print thong? Darn, Im not entering again then.
LMAO !!!:D :D

ckyuk 28-06-2003 08:55 AM

Yeah I probably should of finished it but with two days to go it's too late now. I'll probably enter again around September when I’ve improved enough to be able to finish a model how I want it.

Vectorman 29-06-2003 01:35 AM

okay, i wasn't trying to taunt you at all. I just wanted some more competition! I feel like everyone kinda dropped out and was just commenting on how all i saw from you was light. You shouldn't feel intimidated by me or mike (even tho mike and brian still intimidate me) because we are you're friends, and teachers and want you to learn. I am learning all the time and that IS the point of this for me. Hope to compete against ya soon.

Lol mike, i'm a bit honest yeah....And yest i should be put to shame!