Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #2 - FINALS - Howardporter VS Witchy (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6133)

adldesigner 05-06-2003 12:52 AM

Day of the Tentacle

Trully a classic.
How about Monkey Island guys?
Or Legend of Kyrandia?

Witchy 05-06-2003 01:10 AM

Ah Monkey Island. The Legend. And Full Throttle. Did you see Lucas Arts showing the sequels to Sam and Max and Full Throttle off at E3? Nostalgia trippin!

twisteddragon33 05-06-2003 03:43 AM

I have absolutely no idea about any of these games..

Yall ever hear of mario? Luigi? Yoshi? Samus? Cloud? Zelda... anything?

howardporter 05-06-2003 04:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
.... pong? lol

Witchy- I am looking forward to seeing what these games look like. Can we get roms somewhere you think?

I chose the hulk.... and it will be a miracle if I finish in time.

here we are after roughly 3 hours tonight.... ug

howardporter 05-06-2003 04:27 AM

(reference from the game in the bkgrnd :D )

Witchy 05-06-2003 04:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking good!

The games are still selling as far as I know- there are patches to make them run on modern systems. There certainly is for Grim Fandango. A google search turns up information on most of them.

Anyway, on the nostalgia trip I chose Sam and Max (making Sam have no time to try both)- originally from Sam and Max Hit the Road. Self styled Private Detectives, Sam (as in Sam Spade) is a dog and Max is an insane rabbit who likes to jump up and down on suspectsa dn throw heavy things from windows at passing elderly ladies. In between causing general havoc and mayhem they attempt to solve some very odd crimes. This is what is known to nostalgia fans as a 'point and click adventure' and yes it came out a long time after Pong .:D

Couple of progress shots; the first shows Sam and Max from the original game art in the background and Sam's head WIP in foreground.

Witchy 05-06-2003 04:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some shots of the head WIP;

Witchy 05-06-2003 04:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lastly this is what it looked like on screen. The humour in these games is pretty off the wall . There is a new game, Sam and Max, Freelance Police coming shortly, in 3D but from what I have seen of it it keeps the weirdness and classiness of the original which is great.

howardporter 05-06-2003 01:21 PM

Wow- that head is dead on!

Maybe this will inspire someone to develop a 3d x-box incarnation of the game.... in which case I think you are intitled to some major royalties my friend! :D

Witchy 05-06-2003 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, but Sam and Max are already on their way to 3D as I mentioned above :D Not sure if it will be multi platform though and it's released later this year or early 2004 IIRC.

[icarus_uk] 05-06-2003 04:36 PM

Much better than the head I saw last night. Progress is good :)

NitroLiq 05-06-2003 05:02 PM

Heh...you just reminded me. There's an easter egg in Lucasarts Jedi Knight game where you wait for this woman to open a door and inside the room is none other than Max the Psycho Bunny. If you prod Max outside for a bit (if yer lucky), he'll blast away some bad guys if he gets shot at. It's pretty funny (not so funny if you accidentally shoot max though....;)

Witchy 05-06-2003 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:) Excellent.

Small update, made some changes to the face and started feet.

howardporter 06-06-2003 04:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
looking good witchy!

today was my 10th Aniversary with my wife(been with her for 16 years!) Lets just say she was less than happy that I spent it with Maya and not her! :rolleyes: hulky stage 2... man his feet are way too large :)

Witchy 06-06-2003 03:08 PM

That looks great! Love the face and the overall shape is just 'right'.

Happy anniversary though (if my wife is anything to go by I am surprised you still have hands to type LOL).