Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   I want to change my SM name ... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7327)

adldesigner 06-08-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Witchy
... Even if you change your name now though we will still probably call you Howard :D ...
Or HogwardsPotter. :)

Witchy 06-08-2003 04:39 PM

Imagine saying 'Great model, Hog' LOL.

Vampus 06-08-2003 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mtmckinley
yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with your name. :) I use my real name, kinda.

My name just happens to be shared by a mountain in Alaska. ;)

You first name is mt? :p Your mum must have been a meanie, though it would be easy to remember after a night out:beer: :D

Vampus 06-08-2003 05:06 PM

Quote:

I shortened the name I use for online gaming etc to what people usually shorten it to in conversations in game rooms etc. Despite someone here thinking I was a girl rather than a chap (hadn't occured to me!) I am so used to using it or it's longer version for everything online it's almost like my real name.

Even if you change your name now though we will still probably call you Howard :D

Whats wrong with Witchkeeper though :confused: ...apart from having to type another 5 letters :)

Witchy 06-08-2003 05:21 PM

Nothing, I like it and mostly use it, this is just a shorter version. Variety, life, spices and all that.

adldesigner 06-08-2003 05:23 PM

Quote:

... Variety, life, spices and all that ...
Amen to that.

howardporter 06-08-2003 05:33 PM

I guess I just didnt realise that there were a bunch of us who use our real names! I guess I am in some good company.... Kevin... Danny... Kurt...:D

I just wish I had used only one name tho'

and I do like Hogsward Potter BTW :D

BabyDuck 06-08-2003 06:30 PM

but see howard, i changed my name too. my real nickname is just duckie. but i looked for something that identifies me, as there is so many other ppl with duckie as nickname on the net. and aehm, naming me babyduck somehow lets you underestimate me :p.

but then i probably undererestimate myself ... nobody can talk me out that i is still a real bad noobee in maya ...

mtmckinley 06-08-2003 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vampus
You first name is mt? :p Your mum must have been a meanie, though it would be easy to remember after a night out:beer: :D
Yeah, exactly. :rolleyes:

Kevin 06-08-2003 10:13 PM

if you really want it changed - send me a pm with the name you want and ill do it :)

stedo 07-08-2003 02:23 PM

stedo: student login (originally stedo880) from Stefan Doverud. So I also use my real name, sort of..

- S

d24e 07-08-2003 02:50 PM

d24e: diablo 2 for ever

I think if I used Joris (my first name) a lot of english speaking people would pronounce it too weird:)

(btw, I don't want to keep playing diablo 2 for ever. but since I make money out of it, people can keep playing it and buying stuff at my site as long as they want to:D)

LauriePriest 08-08-2003 01:44 AM

Eh i did my own name too, but ure one is cool and everyone knows you by it, when ppl see my name they think... hmm but isnt that a girls name and oh... your not a priest.

Renderizer 09-08-2003 01:06 AM

LOL - I had the same prob when I registered with 3D Buzz.

I tried Mario, but it was already taken, so I just attached the first letter of my family name (H) and here it is, boring as it gets:

Mario.H

And even though I always sign my posts with 'Mario' (without the .H) everybody calls me Mario.H (if ever...).

But now I use renderizer as my nick in every friggin forum.

"Stop calling me names, will ya?!"

Renderizer/Mario :D

Kevin 09-08-2003 08:33 AM

I like "hog"