Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Modeling my new truck (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7578)

Zyk0tiK 22-08-2003 02:15 PM

hah, just "slightly" overdid the bump :P:P

looks good tho

Xigen 22-08-2003 02:19 PM

If you get the time, then i am interested in that tire tut also =)

Keep posting updates, and grats on the new car.
:D

Zyk0tiK 22-08-2003 02:36 PM

yeah i'm interested too :)

Kurt 22-08-2003 02:38 PM

awsome as always mate=)

brian_ellebracht 22-08-2003 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys... I got bored and I tried to apply one of my reference pics as a texture... It turned out alot better than I thought that it would... so I was wondering... What if I took a pic of the fender, and then the door and then the bed... and used them as textures?? The problem is the lighting and stuff. but i could take the pics durring a cloudy day, so there aren't any hard shadows, and I could wait till its really dirty, that way I don't have to worry about the reflections... WHat is your opinion on this??? as you can see, my nose is to long... Oops. I could just stretch the texture out a bit to make up for it. I have a 3megapixel camera and i could take pics of individual areas head on, that way there own't be any streching... Please let me know what you think about this. I could make it very realistic this way.. but isn't it kinda cheating? or is it still ok? Thanks,
Brian

Zyk0tiK 22-08-2003 03:35 PM

i dont think using photos as textures is wrong... a head i textured for a movie i was making was textured using photos. i dont see why people should have to draw stuff for hours and hours to make something identicle to what they could take a picture of:P

I-Iybrid 22-08-2003 03:47 PM

Yea. I agree w/Zyk. Its not cheating. Its just making it more realistic. Keep up the kick ass work Brian :)

brian_ellebracht 22-08-2003 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am so excited about this project.. It will probably be one of my most photorealistic vehicles todate. I spent about 20 min working on uv's and stuff.. This is just a test!! now I need to find the right place and time to take photos of everybody panel on my truck, make sure I am not in the reflection... and do this... what do you think??? (rendered with GI_Joe in 25 sec) maybe I could add dirt ontop of the photos??? so many options :bgreen: :bgreen: I think it looks pretty realstic, again this is just a test.. so the Uv's are still a little off.. THanks !!
Brian

BTW the cool thing if I take all individual pics, i can look at different angels without streching:D

mr2turbosw20 22-08-2003 04:19 PM

very nice looking brian, as always, is that a reflection of you there on the door? btw, i would like a tire tut from you too!! thanks and keep it up

brian_ellebracht 22-08-2003 04:22 PM

yeah thats me in the door lol. um... I can find ways around that though... This idea of taking photos and using them as textures won't work to well, unless my truck isn't reflecting anything... :( because if I were to do an animation, the reflection wouldn't move around or anything, and it would look wrong... I could try to hide the obvious parts with adding dirt and stuff, or wait till it finally rains and get it muddy somehow.... hmm... I don't know...
Brian

mr2turbosw20 22-08-2003 04:26 PM

can u try to edit the pic with paintshop, photoshop or something?

Zyk0tiK 22-08-2003 05:46 PM

yea i was just about to say the same thing, just edit the reflections out and it will be fine :)

Zyk0tiK 22-08-2003 05:47 PM

or maybe even leave you in the side? so it looks really realistic ;)

aldudeau 23-08-2003 01:00 AM

YES make us a tut!

Very good so far brian veeeeerryy good

alex

ereitz 23-08-2003 01:48 AM

cheating!!! photos! not real textures! (just kidding...)

looks great!