View Single Post
# 1 22-02-2004 , 11:11 AM

"Professional" learning

Unfortunately there are no colleges or Universities around my area where I live that offer courses in using Maya. So I was going to undertake the task myself of learning from home and teaching myself with the aid of video learning. So instead of using the money that I was going to use to pay for the course, I can use it to buy points from this site and some other stuff. The other stuff I was looking at in particular was the Gnomon video training.

Just really looking for an opinion if anyone can help me out, although I will be buying some points from this site to get the more advanced video tutorials and the organic modelling DVD when it arrives, I was going to get the Gnomon stuff too (or parts of it which I can afford). I was wondering if anyone can recommend the Gnomon video learning material as good sources of learning. I see they are quite long and sound pretty in depth, so hoping that they really are just like learning from a college user added image

Can anyone recommend the Gnomon video learning? I already know about the excellent video material at this site, are there any others that people can suggest for video learning?

(I kinda don't want the fact that I can't learn this stuff locally at colleges and universities to put me off what I want to do so hoping that video learning can prove just as good - or close user added image )