View Single Post
# 4 19-03-2004 , 04:20 PM
Maya Character Animation is by Jae-jin choi. This is a fairly advanced book and many of the tutorials are extremely hard to follow as the pictures they choose to provide sometime are very hard to decypher from the 2d page to 3d.

videos that you can see the process are really best. But they either do not exist, or they are very expensive, or they gloss over very important parts in the persute of bandwidth, or they are prohibitively expensive or a combination of all of these (.

I have been seeking a good head and body modeling, rigging, texturing and animation video for a long time and they just don't exist as far as I can tell. They seem to all be introductory things that are designed to kinda sorta point you along the right path then you are left on your own to run into the 10 billion land mines as you stumble along from mistkae to mistake.

Find someone in the business, get em drunk, shanghi them, tie 'em down in front of a system and don't let em eat or sleep unless they spill their guts on all they know about modeling seems to be the best approach.

Any seasoned veteram modelers out there care to have a couple drinks on me? (he says as he fumbles with rope and duct tape behind his back)

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 20-03-2004 at 04:21 PM.