View Single Post
# 9 21-03-2004 , 09:50 AM
Hi ho...

Well, i bought almost every book out there. *g* ok, not that much... i have the fundamentals, i have the one from chris maraffi, i have the "Complete Maya Programming", the "Maya 5", mhmmm... "Inside Maya" mhmm... well, i own a lot of them. BUT, there are more or less not the money you spend (except the ones about MEL. just great!). Really... You can buy one of them if you are a absolute beginner in Maya. The problem is, that every one covers more or less everything of maya. Modeling, redering, texturing etc... If you buy a book, than only one that covers only one topic!

Save the Money for the Books and buy for example "Gnomon: Organic Modeling I and II" Just outstanding. I learned twenty times more than in the books... Or if you are looking for char animation (rigging etc) the best thing out there (imho) is the series of Jeff Lew. (https://www.jefflew.com). Not Maya specific but that donĀ“t matters at all....

well, hope i could help you. i am looking for a head modeling book/dvd for ages. looking forward to the simplimaya dvd. hehe...

ah, maybe someone here can help. Has anyone tried the "Maya Techniques: Human Head Modeling" from the AW shop? i think about buying it, but 130 Euros is just soooo expensive. is it worth it?

Martin
(please forgive me my horrible english/spelling. i will try to improve!)

Last edited by Auctor; 21-03-2004 at 09:56 AM.