Thread: City of Heroes!
View Single Post
# 6 14-05-2004 , 12:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
I've never been a MMOG fan. I bought Star Wars Galaxies because.. it was a Star Wars RPG! But it sucked horribly. This game, however, has been quite fun.

I did indeed play Freedom Force. Also a cool superhero game. In my opinion, CoH is better. You have a ton more powers to choose from, a ton more character creation options.

The only video/cinematic for CoH is an opening cinematic (so far) that is done very well, with realism in mind as opposed to 2D comic book slides that were in FF.

I have to say, though, that I really am not a big multiplayer game fan, persay. I DO enjoy playing with friends. But, I don't like trying to find strangers to join up with if I'm playing by myself. Luckily, about 8 of us at the office are into it right now. user added image

The character creation is extremely deep and nearly as much fun as the game itself.

The graphics are pretty impressive. The city environments are laid out like real cities and are extremely vast and there are literally hundreds of AI civilians everywhere.

I really like it so far. user added image Ask me again in July and we'll see if I'm still playing it. That'll be the real test.

-Mike
The Maya Toolbelt