View Single Post
# 1 20-05-2004 , 04:07 PM

I think I killed Maya. Rendering problem.

He guys. I am having some problems rendering out a scene. Here's the problem; Please see attached image:

Maya cannot render out this scene. In the first example (1), I start to redner the scene and it takes almost 15 minutes for it to start rendering. Sometimes it just crashes but when it does render...I only get what you see and than Maya stops.

So I thought about rendering it in regions as in example (2) but it still dies on where you see it in the image.

I know there is alot of geometry which the bulk of it consists of the pipes I have modeled (3). This is what I believe is killing my renders.

I than got rid of the pipes and it still takes awhile to render but it does render the scene. Still sometimes creashes doing this so I have tricked it my doing a batch render of one frame. This seems to work.

This is extremely frustrating. How can I render my complete scene? Why is maya dieing? I have deleted all history on objects and Optimized the scene for rendering and deleted all unused shader nodes. Where am I going wrong?

About the pipes...It's all polys except for the round curving tubes which are Nurbs. Could this be the problem? Should I convert these to polys or does it not matter? I am running a PC with 2.4 mhz with 1 gig of memory and about 13 gigs of free hard disk space. Thank you for any help.

Attached Thumbnails