View Single Post
# 5 01-06-2004 , 06:28 PM

Originally posted by Mantat
Eh Pure_Morning, since you are working in the film industry, maybe you can answer this question:
From all the people who work on a movie, how on earth is it possible that no one tell the scripter/realisator when something totaly stupid happen?

for a second i tough you were talking in general an i would point to a phrase commonly used on tv and movies "the director is God" and as such has a godlike ego but not enough ot the other godly qualitys.. other causes can be not having enough time/money

Originally posted by Mantat

Exemple: bouncing light rays in Blade 2 AND Van Helsing, basic laws of physics, how someone can lift something heavier than them at arms lenght without problem, etc...

It really bothers me to see how they can spend millions on a movie without even proof reading the scenario... Van Helsing is the best exemple, so not credible that I feel bad for the actors!
[/B]

On this particular case:
its called children physics... it is done on purpose... even if you and me get annoyed with it, it enables to show loads of eyecandy and eyecandy actually sells... a lot... (example: matrix)

Personally my preferred level of unveliebable physics is more or less at the level of "the bourne identity" (which isnt actually even 80% correct either...)

On lights and such is a trade of the game... a movie lies on every frame... the problem comes when you dont believe the lie(in fact a lot of ppl that sees a set for frist time and how boring it is and all the tricks and guts becomes a bit disenchantented about film/tv

Last edited by dragonfx; 01-06-2004 at 06:36 PM.