View Single Post
# 2 06-06-2004 , 03:55 PM
Thiers no dout its a tough industry to break into, everything thing is leaning towards 3d now a days and so many school are teaching 3d its gettting harder and harder with so many new and young artists all trying for the same jobs.

I've just really started to get a lot of work and I've been out of school just about 2 years now.

I think the main key to breaking into 3D is just have patients an alway work hard and dont be afraid of learning new things. Also really focuse on what you want to do weather it be Modeling, texture artist, animator, or FXs. I my self am primarlly a modeler so i spent most of my time doing that as well as pushing my textures as much as possible, but I do love to animate as well.

The rest of the time learn new things and areas of 3d so you will have a basic idea how everything works incase you ever get in situation where you need to know some things about animation, dynamics etc.

lastly it just determination, it will happen soon or later.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb