View Single Post
# 10 07-06-2004 , 06:18 PM
Filler, that Alan was talking about is basically putting projects/work on your reel that you know isn't your best work just to make your reel longer.

The thing you have to rember is that if your reel is 3 mins and only 45 seconds are great and the 45 seconds are at the end of your reel the person watching the reel will most likely stop it before he can see the best work. We can't say it enough only put your best work on your reel.=) I know a few friends of mine that got jobs with a reel that was only about 50 seconds.

I've worked as freelance artist for about the last year or so, can be good money with the right employer/contract, but you have to becarefull a lot of freelance jobs can not pay nearly as well sometimes too. always get i nice contract stating excatly everything you need to do as well as have it state what the employer will do.

Freelanceing is great to get contacts in the industry so your name gets passed around a lot more. Which is something money cant buy.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb