Thread: Helmet
View Single Post
# 11 15-06-2004 , 09:54 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
He was a sound effects librarian at Elstree Studios. Sound designer Ben Burtt would often pay a visit for effects that they couldn't get recordings of and stuff for mixing. He also did all Indiana Jones trilogy, Muppets, Bond movies, Dark Crystal, Hammer stuff, Return to Oz and the Michael Keaton Batman movies. I've got some pics of me on the Temple of Doom set when I was a kid, I'll scan them and postthem at some point when I get time.

Heres a strange thing, On the Ep2 dvd there is the Ben Burtt documentary and he shows a load of old tapes being heated to get the sound back, now my best friend, me and my sister swear its our dads writing on those tapes!! But the biggest buzz for me was walking round the studios at lunch hour and see half dressed stormtroopers and rebels eating lunch in the canteen there. Also you'd see Mark Hamill and Dave Prowse buying papers and stuff in the local shops. Nobody would bat an eyelid cos it was a regular occurance, except me and my friends cos we were all Star war nuts, still am actually.

Hope this gives you nice insight

Jango