View Single Post
# 1 19-06-2004 , 12:46 AM

which is best maya or lightwave?

hi i was wondering weather any1 could tell me what maya compairs to lightwave.

the lightwave community seems rather well empty so i was wondering weather to get a learning edition of maya and learn maya for a bit see what compairs with it but i carnt for a couple of days so i was wondering if maya still has these tools i use most common user added image

ps im a noob at 3d art.

most of these are probably 90% in maya but im gona put em down any way user added image
knife , bandsaw , bevel extrude extender thats practically all the tools i use in lightwave , i havent got on to the renders really user added image

lightwaves seems rather very easy to learn which i have been, two weeks awhile back then my bro went away so i couldnt go on lightwave user added image then the last month l8ly i havent really goten much time so im still looking for a good program to use user added image

all in all is maya better then lightwave user added image

main reason im asking is because i looked through a few books on maya and it looked well, rediculous it was going through things like pots and pans all the way through lol

i know maya is powerful when you know how to use it because i have been looking through this site user added image but lightwave also looks good. to user added image

reason im asking is because im only 17 and wornt be able to buy a full copy of either lightwave or maya for about a year so im going to focus on just 1 of the with the learning edition user added image

Last edited by Sharp; 19-06-2004 at 12:52 AM.