View Single Post
# 17 16-08-2004 , 05:23 PM
Subscriber
look like we are on a disagrement on that topic! Exemple: the psycho shower scene was much more intense because of the sound effects, the screaming of the girls and visuals are secondary. Yet, this is a classic and totaly rely on the sound for delivery.

Bad exemple: Van Helsing. horrible sounds that are way too loud and totaly destroy the mood.

Music and sound effects are integral part of a movie. And a good sound track has to fit the visual too so its just not for the blind but for all the audience.

Anyways, I agree that a good movie has to have a good scenario but I think that there are different ways to deliver a movie according to its type and the feeling you want to give. Ex: in a comedy, scenario is not important, you want good jokes.

Of course, all element (scripts, scenario, mosuc, fx, etc) are important and can contribute to the success of a movie, its just that according to the type of film, their order of importance vary much.

Personally, I put scenario first then script, music, sound fx then visual fx. But for horror, I rather like to have sound fx in the first place closely followed by scenario. I guess everyone is different but you cant expect every movie to be top notch on every aspect.

Finaly, I have to agree that Final Fantasy was a real joke, the visuals were nice but it was 0 on every single other aspect which made in a total flop.