View Single Post
# 22 18-08-2004 , 02:05 AM
Well im gonna vent my frustrations.

Paul Anderson is dead to me. Mortal Kombat was Marginaly good, Resident evil had a good start but went horribly wrong,
but he went to far with AVP. In my opinion he turned two of the greatest Sci-fi Franchise ( R ) into a puppet show, R+R DOES NOT EQUAL PG-13! I being a Young Film Director ( & Tech and Effects Director ) sat back at what could have been a Transfusion to the great series but sadly I belive Paul Anderson killed it ( I don't belive Ill see Predator 3 till I make it user added image ) ya it's just a movie but it has sentemental value to me and im gonna tell you why
( remeber im venting out steam) I was Born May 7th 1987, 3 months later my daddy :o took me to see predator in our run down movie theater... to make a long story short Ive been a alien and predator fan ever since ( yes im a wacko but no worse then you starwars yuppies!) and to see such little action between the two is a crime against humanity ( Literalyuser added image ) what went wrong? first off Paul Anderson didn't fight to make it R ( he sissed out) second he went off in to many directions and made to many promises. #1 promise he didn't fulfill was detailing the predator ( but he did detail alien hmmm.) If I rember Predator had floresn't green which glows right? only the CG pred blood was floresnt ( looked cheap 2) the final predators death blood was crap green
The facial features? the pred looked like a mutant retard ya his jaw moved fluently ( unlike pred 2 ) but when you make it look like an incomptent moron what do you achive? proving your audience has to watch what you provide and like it? No! proves your an idiot you didn't watch over the art deparment! ( which any director who is working with such detail must do) I think he told them " I want it scary but not to scare children" Artist "um ok come back next friday I might have somthing" PA " Excellent" Artist " Hey jebb bring out that old mask we made for tillow the clown" ok im getting overboard but I mean the cover helmets/masks looked cool but looking cool also has to look right
in a few seens you could tell the mask was slipping or not on right
( Like I said if your a director pushing a movie like this you got to pay as much attention to the acting aswell as to detail)

Also When The final pred took off his wrist bomb ( WTF?) I mean it was bad enough for him to take on a human side kick! Japanese Samurai would never toss away there cermonail Seppeku blades nor would they fight next to a peasent (when there trying to prove themself), He as a teen pred was suppose to take on the charge of radecating the alien just like his predecors or die trying that was the purpose to move on in pred clan.

Im getting more steamed up, for 60 MILLION DOLLARS! I could have made you all proud. PA had a somewhat decent cast he could have changed the whole female sceanario ( I think he tried to create her in ripleys fashion honestly) I did like how he had the preds at a disadvantage because lets face it preds would have owned with their shoulder cannons, But! what erks me is the hero alien and aliens acide blood, the aliens in general were way to smart way to quick ( in birth process) - back to the blood and teen preds, Preds ( in book) had specail armour and gauntlets, weapons, etc.... that countered the alien blood so that made me mad ( but in kind of a way I liked it as Im not bias to preds or alien ( although Im leaning torwards preds in this one) and pred is suppose to take of head and Either wear it or carry it on spike or in his back pocket :p

He should have went with 5 preds instead of the 3 would have made "Enough pred and alien death to go around" -PA ya right

Well im gonna stop now because im rambling and white foam seems to becoming out of my mouth, sorry if none of this made sense and sorry if I offended or bored any of you. Thx

Last edited by Krull; 18-08-2004 at 02:16 AM.