View Single Post
# 46 02-03-2005 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
Morning everyone (well, for me anyway!)

Yep, that track looks good BMS. What exactly are you putting in the scene?? Are you keeping those geometric objects, or are they just for testing? It looked nice and smooth, which is important. It's ok to have jitter or unusal moves in the camera track, as long as the real life camera makes these same moves. Sometimes the solve can add uneccessary jitter, which should be removed.

Regarding reflections, specular highlight, etc.....as a rule of thumb you should try to avoid tracking these, as they will not be representative of actual points in the 3d scene, and can throw the solve. I've tracked specular highlights before though when I was desperate for points, and it came out alright.

What tracking software are you using for the example there BMS the Voodoo camera tracker? Its just that you mentioned about having too many points. You can't really have too many points, as long as they are good points, but I don't know how Voodoo works. I've found that using a low number of points for an easy shot will give a much nicer, smoother solve than using lots of uneccessary points, but some shots will require lots of points....at work some poeple have tracked shots in Live using 200+ points!

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/