View Single Post
# 10 02-11-2002 , 10:08 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by Raedius
Errr... I was thinking of signing up, now I have to pay 20 bucks (CND) for just a couple movies? user added image

I'm not sure now... user added image

~Raedius

Raedius...

sign up before the new site to get unlimited downloads for that months subscription...

but... now (in the new site yes it will change) the main reason we are doing this is basically the opposite to what you are saying... because as we upload so much data ...can you imaging e 1 person joining the site in a few months and downloading 50 hrs of movies??

can you imagine how much the bandwidth would cost us for that?

We wouldnt be able to survive. For 14 uk pounds someone would be able to access the server and download so much and there is no way we could afford to keep the server up it.

the choice was simple.... either we:

made people pay 50 bucks a month like gnomon.... or make people pay 14 one - off fee that buys them 14 points. Then let the person be able to but points from 5 to 30 points.

So after the initial tiny amount of 14 quid your account is always open.... so if you ever see amovie for 5 points you would be able to get it...

5 points would work out around £7 pounds! Now where will you get a maya training vid for £7??!!

If you find somewhere let me know so I can download them.

any way ... its up to the members... if they want to join (in which 64 have) thats fair enough..if not then thats fair enough to user added image

saying this.... if the points system is a total failure then we would revert to a one off fee, but would limit the amount of movies people where able to download.