View Single Post
# 25 30-03-2005 , 06:00 AM
Identical machines and one works and one doesn't....same settings.....hmmmm

You say it renders fine on the other computer...which means the file is ok.....no corrupt camera, scripts etc.

You've reinstalled Maya.....didn't help......right?

This points to something wrong elsewhere on your computer.

Test this theory....bring the file to someone else...totally different machine.....see if it happens.

Its a desktop PC =\ I cant exactly just shove it in the car, because if i unplug it, it wont start up again for about 2 hours or so.

what does that mean......because that right there says to me....problems!!

I think there are other issues that maybe need some attention....I don't have your machine so I don't know.

Go to a command prompt....don't double click the exe.....then run the file from there....mayabatch.exe is located...or should be located in C:\Program Files\Alias\Maya 6.0\bin

I haven't tried this on an actual file that requires it yet.....but I typed 'mayabatch' and it gave me some version stuff etc....so maybe worth a try.

Have you reinstalled windows?.....you might have to....and if it was me I would have done that already.....it just less hassle in the end.

It's really late now....spent about 2 hours on this...wow...I sure hope this get's working again for you user added image