View Single Post
# 68 27-04-2005 , 05:29 AM
Hi Pure Morning
Well you are sure keeping me on my toes there! Thanks taking the time to give your advice and opinion on the model. I am not quite sure what you mean by, “I think it has more to do with the fact that there's no way the fingers can pivot back and forth” and I am open to clarification.
I think the best way to explain how the fingers work is to include one of my working diagrams that I made up using the picture that Jango sent through as a sort of reference.

I think the problem is that the concept calls for the fingers to retract back into the main hand section, which then tucks under the body. I have shown in the diagram the way the fingers retract into the hand section and I have included the joint diagram (which is simplified) to show how the fingers move in both an up and down motion (y plane) and backwards and forwards (z plane) with some lateral movement in the x plane so that the fingers can pull in together. (is this what does not work?)

I admit that it may not be the cleanest concept and if I had another week I would probably investigate a different solution. The fingers and arms have been rigged now and to change at this late stage would probably make me miss the deadline – BLAH!
I would greatly appreciate if you could expand on your crit so that I can get a better idea of what you believe does not work in particular. I will see if I can post a small AVI of the arm and fingers working. (probably a playblast) later tonight.

Hmmm reflection map! Sounds cool! I need to check out on the web to see how to do that believe it or not.
Cheers buddy and thanks again for your opinion!!!

Attached Thumbnails

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>