View Single Post
# 8 28-06-2005 , 10:38 PM

Originally posted by gautam2000
Am, looking for a properly laid out texture image of a fighter plane in any image format. The one i applied to my f22, i took it from google, and it was one 640x480 jpeg image with texture laid out seperately of wings, cockpit and all the parts (even wheels) but the problem was that it was low res.

I dont have any knowledge of photoshop etc or else i would have made the textures myself

To me, this reads as "I am too lazy to learn anything. Do my work for me." You come off as being very lazy based on what you typed here. I'm sure you are not *that* lazy though. user added image

I would highly recommend learning how to paint and manipulate textures in Photoshop or whatever graphics application you have (Paint Shop Pro, Gimp, etc.). It is a core part of being a 3D artist, and you will not have to rely on others to get your work done.

Also, it probably wouldn't hurt to learn how to build shaders for parts of your plane. Unless you are making a game model, you don't necessarily need image files for all your materials.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job